Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Scazz, if you take a look at my supermotors photos, at the end you can see how I mounted mine under the visor. I used 7 ultra thin flood LEDS and fabbed a bracket from Alum. total weight was about 6 lbs. Keep in mind, this is a snow plow rig, it does nothing else, so flooding light right in front of me is all I was after. I haven't had it out at night yet to see how they do or how much hood light I get like Steve 83 spoke about. They do have a decent look however. ( still having issues posting pics, sorry guys)

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts
Scazz, if you take a look at my supermotors photos, at the end you can see how I mounted mine under the visor. I used 7 ultra thin flood LEDS and fabbed a bracket from Alum. total weight was about 6 lbs. Keep in mind, this is a snow plow rig, it does nothing else, so flooding light right in front of me is all I was after. I haven't had it out at night yet to see how they do or how much hood light I get like Steve 83 spoke about. They do have a decent look however. ( still having issues posting pics, sorry guys)

that came out really nice and clean. please update us with some photo's and your impression of this setup running at night. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Steve83, did you build your front bumper on this thread?

·
Registered
242 Posts
gutter mount/drip rail

Hello All,

Besides the made for application clamp on gutter mounts in this thread does anyone know if the Jeep stuff may fit?

Or does anyone have a lead on a gutter mount bracket for a 50 inch bar that is more affordable than the 160 dollar ones?

I was looking at this one...
http://www.inspired-engineering.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IE-v2xj50

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Hello All,

Besides the made for application clamp on gutter mounts in this thread does anyone know if the Jeep stuff may fit?

Or does anyone have a lead on a gutter mount bracket for a 50 inch bar that is more affordable than the 160 dollar ones?

I was looking at this one...
http://www.inspired-engineering.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IE-v2xj50

Thanks!
This is one of those times where you don't want to skimp out on a part. Think about it. How fast are you gonna be driving with a light bar mounted to your roof and it weighs, what, 20-30 lbs. depending on model. Do you really want to risk that coming loose at high speeds, or getting ripped off by a couple of wimpy branches?

So that's a no to the jeep parts. I do realize that its hard finding customizing parts for the OBS fords anymore, but that just makes it more fun when you find gems like these mounts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't see why that Cherocar mount wouldn't work other than the width may not be correct. The clamp system on it will clamp into a Bronco drip rail just as well as it will a Cherokee. The issue I see is that the Cherokee is a narrower vehicle than a Bronco and the mounts would end up being too wide for a 50" bar once mounted to a Bronco roof. This could be remedied by making spacers that go between the mount and the light bar. In the end it up to the end user, is saving a few dollars and having to customize it to work worth the savings over buying one that will work right out of the box?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would buy the bronco ones or make your own if you want it cheap.The xj gutters are smaller then a bronco and a bronco is a good 6 inches wider if not more.

·
Registered
613 Posts

that came out really nice and clean. please update us with some photo's and your impression of this setup running at night. :thumbup
I have wanted to do this style just hadnt got to it.
Can you get pics with the lights on?

:beer

·
Registered
242 Posts
I emailed Kahl Kreations and they never responded so a little research yielded CARR (American made) makes a gutter mount C-Profile Rota Light Bar for 80-96 Broncos. They have had them out for about a year and they have a lock. The design utilizes a cross bar so it should be pretty stout. It is also a low profile so that it doesn't stick up too high.

They offer them in polished, black and silver material.

Part numbers are as followed...

210111 black
210112 polished
210114 silver

Hope this helps expand choices for people on the fence of what to do with limited choices out on the market

4 Wheel Parts is offering free shipping and a 5% off coupon code right now.

Similar pricing with a different design.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/piu6fknj1fpbqgw/Screenshot_2014-12-03-12-10-57.png?dl=0

·
Registered
636 Posts
I ordered my Kahl Kreations pillar mounts on Tuesday should be here by the end of next week ill post some more pics of what the look like when I get them

·
Registered
242 Posts
UPDATE and caveat

I just finished installing the brackets and bar and just want to let everyone know an FYI if you are considering the CARR bracket.

First, if your bar overall width including mounts exceeds 50" you will not be able to mount it without modification.

My Eyourlife bar

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4MQJ5O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

came out to almost 54" inches overall including the factory supplied brackets, and it BARELY fits. The bar bracket is immensely beefy and will bolt up in minutes to the factory slots and holes for anything 50" and under(overall including mounts), but will require some drilling, cutting and (2 bolts) hardware for anything up to53.5-~54 inches

It was pretty easy, just time consuming, as I had to measure and recheck to not leave the bar looking like Swiss cheese. The factory support bar will have to be cutoff about 1" and change per side to fit inside the Bronco drip rail. It was very easy with a cutoff saw.

My conclusion is if you want to bolt it on and go, buy the Kahl Kreations one. If you want something different and in my opinion more versatile buy the CARR one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
PePe / Birdman
I work on getting a night shot to help evaluate this mount. I have done some test driving at night and here is what I found. The LED's I used are not what I'd consider high quality, meaning you get what you pay for. I've installed several LED light bars up to the 50" that are selling on amozon and alibaba, non of these reach down the road, they all toss a bunch of light right out in front of your rig but that's it. I did a install on a 2013 superduty using a Vision X 20" double stack bar that cost $1,700.00 and bar non, it kicked but over any combination I've seen ( and I've done a lot of lighting) This one reached so far down the road and cast a very wide aray into the ditches, no other light were needed. When your doing 90 + mph for long distances it's easy to out drive your lights, All that to say again, you get what you pay for in lighting. Now, back to the question, I paid about 20 bucks for each of the 7 lights I mounted under the visor, so I wasent expecting much, they do toss light right out in front of my rig, but go no further than high beams. The front 1/3 of my hood is illuminated somewhat, but again, this is a snow plow rig, not one I'm using to run down the road to my cabin. I only found one other light that was a single row and very thin, and about double the price so I opted for this set up. After getting it all done, would I do it again? no, not enough light for the time I put into it. But, you win some you loose some. Does it look good?, I think so. They will stay on and I'll use them if they help. Until a guy has done a lot of lighting, you don't always know whats good and whats OK, most add on a 50" light bar and think it's awesome because it's so much more that the OEM lighting. OK, that's my 2 cents on lighting.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts
appreciate the feedback from an educated source randby! :thumbup

there are only a few places I think these look good mounted. Most of these mounts, I really don't care for. I'm living on the cheap, so I'll be waiting for prices to go down, once the "newness" of these light bars wares off. Also... by then the market will have proven which ones are good and which ones aren't worth the hassle.

Either way... thanks for the input. :rockon

·
Registered
518 Posts
The led light bars are just like all other off road lights and come in different light patterns.And all off road lights placement and beam pattern matters.The price for a 50 inch can be 300 bucks to 2 grand and he is right you get what you pay for out of them.The cheap ones are mostly rated ip67 which can fog up and get dust in and mostly come in flood,spot or combo.The high dollar ones are ip68 which is water and dust proof and have every beam pattern you can think of.I'm cheap i rather run kc lights or something that is good enough and i don't cry if i break one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the first set of roof mounts Shane Kahl made on my 86, with an eyourlife bar, and they've been going strong together for over a year now. Just ordered customized A pillar mounts for my 97 today. As for visor mounting, I ripped the one on my 97 out of the roof racing a 6.4, I wouldn't trust the added weight of a light bar unless it's just a crawling rig.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts