Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Banned
33,702 Posts
If you don't want to punch through the roof, or go out the door...

Go through the roof to the dome light, then punch through the integral roll bar to the U-nut for the center camper bolt. Go out the square hole into the channel & down either side. Then make a U-turn (so water drips off there) and back up & out between the fiberglass & steel to a quick connector for the light bar. If you ever unplug & remove the bar, just shove the wire back through the U-nut hole so the connector is hidden in the channel.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Its 1/8" x2" flat and some 1" angle scrap I had lying around. I enjoy building my own junk. Thanks :thumbup

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts
why the hell does everyone feel the need to quote every damn pic in a post to ask a single question? :rolleyes:
1 pic will do, or even just the posters name/handle would be fine and save us all the repetition of pics and making the thread 3 times longer.

have some consideration for your fellow users and future readers.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,698 Posts
Pepe, I'd assume it's because most don't know that you can omit anything from a quote post that you want. Similar to the way one can change the "title" of a link to a web address. I agree, it gets old waiting for pics to load that I've already seen three posts ago. I'd assume some are not very fluent in how a BBS operates. It's like getting a child to understand the hexadecimal programming language. It's just too complex for some people to grasp.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts
I blame all the handheld, portables in tandem with limited user exp. :banghead

/hijack

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does everyone mount light bars on the roof? I did once and got too much glare in the windshield. Bumper mount throws the light where one needs it without glare coming in

·
Registered
402 Posts
Does everyone mount light bars on the roof? I did once and got too much glare in the windshield. Bumper mount throws the light where one needs it without glare coming in
The high roof location throws the insane amount of light from a 50-52" lightbar better than a lower bumper mount. Take a look at my photos on first page of this thread -- no windshield glare with the cap, and barely any light on the hood, just a couple of inches at the very front.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Anyone mounted a big light bar inside the truck light the lights on most newer cop cars?

I'm planning on doing this at some point and just wondering if anyone else did it and has pics so I can just copy them :goodfinge

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
That would be a lot of reflected light plus it would probably distort the pattern passing thru the glass. Emergency lights are different optics than the type used in light bars.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That would be a lot of reflected light plus it would probably distort the pattern passing thru the glass. Emergency lights are different optics than the type used in light bars.
"light the lights on most newer cop cars" meant "with a sheet-metal housing to prevent glare"

I don't think the pattern would distort very much but even if it did I think it's a worthwhile trade-off for being able to run a cheap light bar without exposing it to the elements (they aren't known for being super durable) and never taking it out with a branch.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts