Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking everywhere for some type of led upgrade kit for the full exterior like you can buy for the pre 78 models but cant find one anywhere has anyone upgraded the lighting with all LEDs and if so would you be willing to provide insight please. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
'79 Bronco Custom, ‘15 F-350, ‘16 Challenger Hellcat
40 Posts
Go to superbrightleds.com and put in your year make and model and it will list the bulbs you need. They don’t have a kit but you can get all the bulbs individually, except the headlights.

·
Premium Member
'79 Bronco Custom, ‘15 F-350, ‘16 Challenger Hellcat
40 Posts
No problem

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've had really good luck with Hella's H4 housings and running all manner of lamps ranging from halogen to HID and finally to LED. The housing is a big part of lighting performance, so don't cheap out on that front. I messed around with some cheapies I picked up from DDMTuning years ago and couldn't even use them.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I will second the Hella housings as being the best conversion headlight housings. I still use an H4 bulb. There is some science behind why I don't run an LED conversion in the the headlight. It just doesn't work no matter what marketing material says about the LED design. To convert to LED headlights requires a housing designed for LED. TruckLite and JW Speaker make the best LED headlights but big money.
For headlight bulbs this is my go to source.
The Tungsram +120 are great bulbs. Yes there are better but you are giving up lifespan for more light. Plus they are more money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts