Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figure I should post a review of these eBay lights I bought. On my other bronco I had the lights from tcmglx. They were very bright lights but I sold that truck and let the lights go with it. I wanted to try a cheaper alternative.

Bought these off eBay a few months ago and just put them on. There is a YouTube video where the guy installs them on a truck I think.

Out of the box impression is they are very clean and appear to be properly sealed. I didn't resilicone them. Time will tell. They came with a resistor so I don't think there will be any of the common led issues. I'm running a LED flasher from CP addict because I'm going to run their LED headlights on the future.

Hooked them up and the lights are much brighter thanks to the LEDs.

I have one complaint that is also mentioned in the YouTube video. There are side markers that are supposed to light up. They do not. So if you have your blinker on, only people behind you will see the blinker. The YouTube video mentions switching the polarity but it didn't work. Overall they are not bad. If I were to do it over again I would go with these or buy a new set of tail lights and do LED bulbs. That way you can see the light from the side of the lense.

Video mentioned above.
View attachment 164979

Attachments

Reactions: TheWolf

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hows the reverse light? thats what i really want to be bright
Uses your standard light. So if you do a LED bulb it will be really bright. I had them on my other bronco and they were stupid bright. I don't remember what ones I bought though. I'm using standard reverse lights now and they're pretty efficient.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: 86 5.0L

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
Yo Burntoutaccountant,
TY for the review!

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer 5.0 automatic w/ the rust package
54 Posts
Wow...I should have checked this post before I bought my tail lights. I just have smoked Euro tail lights...which are ok..but dang..these are much better. I replaced my 3rd brake light with a blacked led light which is really nice.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow...I should have checked this post before I bought my tail lights. I just have smoked Euro tail lights...which are ok..but dang..these are much better. I replaced my 3rd brake light with a blacked led light which is really nice.
Honestly it's worth the extra coin imo. I personally can't stand euro tail lights lol. The price wasn't bad. It's literally plug and play. I think I paid about $140 or $150. A modestly cheap upgrade. My thought is tail lights are something used in every day driving and the benefits of the LED lights is worth it. They are bright as hell.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Figure I should post a review of these eBay lights I bought. On my other bronco I had the lights from tcmglx. They were very bright lights but I sold that truck and let the lights go with it. I wanted to try a cheaper alternative.

Bought these off eBay a few months ago and just put them on. There is a YouTube video where the guy installs them on a truck I think.

Out of the box impression is they are very clean and appear to be properly sealed. I didn't resilicone them. Time will tell. They came with a resistor so I don't think there will be any of the common led issues. I'm running a LED flasher from CP addict because I'm going to run their LED headlights on the future.

Hooked them up and the lights are much brighter thanks to the LEDs.

I have one complaint that is also mentioned in the YouTube video. There are side markers that are supposed to light up. They do not. So if you have your blinker on, only people behind you will see the blinker. The YouTube video mentions switching the polarity but it didn't work. Overall they are not bad. If I were to do it over again I would go with these or buy a new set of tail lights and do LED bulbs. That way you can see the light from the side of the lense.

Video mentioned above.
View attachment 164979 View attachment 164980
View attachment 165023 View attachment 165024
are the brake lights just the leds in the middle? How does it look with only the brakes on?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
are the brake lights just the leds in the middle? How does it look with only the brakes on?
Everything but the reverse light is LED. I can't take a pic with the brake lights on, but they are plenty noticable

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Everything but the reverse light is LED. I can't take a pic with the brake lights on, but they are plenty noticable
i know that lol i mean when you hit the brakes or use the turn signals with the running lights off what leds in the tail light light up?

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer 5.0 automatic w/ the rust package
54 Posts
Honestly it's worth the extra coin imo. I personally can't stand euro tail lights lol. The price wasn't bad. It's literally plug and play. I think I paid about $140 or $150. A modestly cheap upgrade. My thought is tail lights are something used in every day driving and the benefits of the LED lights is worth it. They are bright as hell.
Ohh most definitely, I found mine on CarID I believe and they didn't offer these LED lights...its was $80 for these Euros so I'm definitely upgrading already.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco swapped in 91 351w efi aod trans slowly working on improvements
27 Posts
i know that lol i mean when you hit the brakes or use the turn signals with the running lights off what leds in the tail light light up?
I bought a set of these for my 86 and when the running lights are off the whole thing lights up with signal or brakes...only the diodes when the drl's are on. My side lights shine but don't blink...would definitely reccommend

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I bought a set of these for my 86 and when the running lights are off the whole thing lights up with signal or brakes...only the diodes when the drl's are on. My side lights shine but don't blink...would definitely reccommend
which style did you buy? The solid bar style one i thought the solid bar was just the running light and the center individual leds were the brake and turn, and on the other with all individual leds i though all of them were running lights as well as brake and turn.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts