Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

201 - 220 of 421 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
I didn't work on the Ole Girl today but did a little preparation to do some work. I helped norfolkff05 (Josh) with his project. He had to weld some gusets on a frame support so said have at it. So I did and this is what it looked like afterwards.

I did the both welds on it. Yeah the vertical one is pretty ugly. Josh thinks it would have been prettier if I would have worked down and not up (against gravity) Here is what it looked like after he went back and fixed it.

Now to get my bottle,helmet and extension cord.:rockon

·
Registered
415 Posts
:shrug
I did the both welds on it. Yeah the vertical one is pretty ugly. Josh thinks it would have been prettier if I would have worked down and not up (against gravity) Here is what it looked like after he went back and fixed it.

Now to get my bottle,helmet and extension cord.:rockon
I remember something about using a "J" pattern when verticle welding. I think you can go either direction but its all about how long you hang out there, and your head angle.....whatever I cant remember!:shrug

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Hey Rick, It maybe just me, but your link to "his project" isn't working. Oh and you probably thought about/them seen them, but the auto darkening helmets are nice. I searched and searched, and the only one that I found that has both the lithium battery and solar charging panels is the $89 black one at Eastwoods (they raised the price, it was $80).
http://www.eastwood.com/large-view-auto-darken-welding-helmet.html

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
That bronco has come a long way, i saw it on the trailer in your yard when you got it . Also the camo one when it was still primer colored i always look to see when another ones gonna show up in the yard haha . I live right down the road from you 379sinvb on campbells landing and have seen the progress from the road as i drive by. Used to read this forum alot but have been back to reading on here alot lately. If you need help with anything im only 5 mins down the road, not the most mechanically inclined but ill be a free set of hands when i can. - jared

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,438 Posts
That bronco has come a long way, i saw it on the trailer in your yard when you got it . Also the camo one when it was still primer colored i always look to see when another ones gonna show up in the yard haha . I live right down the road from you 379sinvb on campbells landing and have seen the progress from the road as i drive by. Used to read this forum alot but have been back to reading on here alot lately. If you need help with anything im only 5 mins down the road, not the most mechanically inclined but ill be a free set of hands when i can. - jared

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Not to thread jack here Rick.

But Jlthieman havent i seen your bronco up at Mary's at the ocean front before?

That thing looks good man! You should check us out on the Dixie Chapter up here and try to make some events. :beer

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow, makes me appreciate my beast even more...I've only got one spot(albeit rather big) of floor rot, vast majority of the body and such looks solid.

Once I get the beast up here, hope to get that fixed and get the rear seat fab'd in, between you and fritts.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Quite the project. Thats crazy how rabid salt water air can be on sheetmetal. I am headed out to my truck and hugging it for having good floor boards (wish I could say the same about the quarters).

·
Super Moderator
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Quite the project. Thats crazy how rabid salt water air can be on sheetmetal. I am headed out to my truck and hugging it for having good floor boards (wish I could say the same about the quarters).
Salt water sure is cancerous when it comes to metal.

You're in Michigan. You should be thankful it has a frame.
Yeah really, I was going to work on the ole girl this week but the triple digit temps might hamper that idea :doh0715:.

·
Super Moderator
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
He's already got a black one that is an excellent candidate for some stripes...

:popc1:
:stupid, That's pretty much the direction I have for it right now.

I think I would just die if Rick got a set.:haha
I looked into it but just couldn't justify the $ being spent on a project that hasnt begun.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I looked into it but just couldn't justify the $ being spent on a project that hasnt begun.
Ya, I know whatcha mean. I'm glancing around for another 78/79 or an EB for a full-blown trail rig. Well, a little more than "glancing" I reckon. I found two EBs that were available, but haven't pulled the trigger....I kinda want to get the 79 "finished" before I get another one taking up space.:toothless

201 - 220 of 421 Posts