Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

221 - 240 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
My problem anymore is time. I've got projects, and parts for those projects piling up all over the shop! But when all I can manage to get is ~4 hours a week to work on anything, progress is slow.

·
Super Moderator
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #222 (Edited)
Project is underway again.

Hey fellas,

I went back out to do a little work today. Bronco has been sitting for too long. Battery was dead so I robbed Peter to pay Paul and had no success getting Blue Eyes to run. Fuel pump wasn't primed so I pulled a little trick with the air hose and got fuel to the pump. Still no luck running off of fuel. Ether worked in firing up the engine though. I'll go at it again saturday most likely. I want to move the Bronco out from under the peacan tree that is killing the paint job. Need to check brakes again and figure out why rear fluid resevour went dry. Once that is done I'll start on welding in the patches I cut out in the spring. The wheels that were on it when purchased I had blasted and cleaned up.
bare steel:

primer:

painted & cleared:

·
OMF
2,919 Posts
Holy hell I thought you had left it for dead again!

Wagon wheels are going to look great on it:thumbup

·
Super Moderator
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Holy hell I thought you had left it for dead again!

Wagon wheels are going to look great on it:thumbup
Thanks Dave, got a ways to go before that happens.

Love the wheels. Sorry to hear about the no-start issue.
Not a big deal just took a few steps back from where I was with it in the spring :doh0715:. Wait until you see the paint job from sitting under the peacan tree :cry.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I picked up a new grill for the Bronco today. For $60 I don't think I did to bad.
Somebody on here swears round headlights are cool.

Hoping I can do some work on it again this week.
Aw man, you stole one of my surprises!!
I told you we think too much alike sometimes, lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Rounds headlights huh? NICE! :thumbup

it's lookin good man, i might hire you to do a rattle can paint job on my bronco haha
Thanks, I might be doing this job again soon. The hood is pealing in the center.
Ha! Another one gone to the dark side. Thanks a lot, Gary. :doh0715:

That'll look good on your truck, though. Do you already have the headlight buckets?
Thanks Charlie!

At $60 for it and needing one to replace what is left I really couldn't pass it up. I don't have the buckets yet so I'll be looking for those. Shouldn't be to hard to find.

Aw man, you stole one of my surprises!!
I told you we think too much alike sometimes, lol.
Yeah yeah yeah, sorry bro!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Lookin good. I want to see that grill on there. I always loved the ford letters across the front of those. Some people are such prudes about headlights it seems. They are not shoes ladies! Can you see the road at night or not? Geez.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
I picked up a new grill for the Bronco today. For $60 I don't think I did to bad.

Somebody on here swears round headlights are cool.

Hoping I can do some work on it again this week.
Love that grill! I almost went that route on mine - trying to make what Ford could have made if they came out with the first FSB in 1974 like they originally planned.

Yeah, round headlights are ok . . .

:rockon

·
Super Moderator
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Well I got the Bronco started today. I had to borrow a battery from another. Seems the battery I had in this one took a dump. Pressurized the gas tank with air compressor to get fuel to the fuel pump. Here's proof it started.
http://www

I was going to move it but it appears the brakes are locked up so I'll need to look into that next. Right rear drum was leaking fluid so I had to look there anyhow.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
That's a fake video, good editing tho'.:histerica
BTW, can I have the BKO if you blow up the motor?:toothless
Sorry for teasing you bud, good for you that you got 'er started up.:thumbup

·
Super Moderator
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
That's a fake video, good editing tho'.:histerica
BTW, can I have the BKO if you blow up the motor?:toothless
Sorry for teasing you bud, good for you that you got 'er started up.:thumbup
You can have the blown motor. I have another motor to put in it, go figure right :toothless? You and I like to tease each other and I'm fine with that. All in good fun :beer!

Nice! Looks like your cluster is working too. Lucky.
Thanks! Oil pressure, gas gauge and voltage appear to work. I haven't had it up to speed to test speedo. Wait until you see some of the wiring on this thing :banghead.

Nice save liking the paint job :popc1: glad its getting a chance at life again
Thanks! It's still on life support at this point in time.

221 - 240 of 421 Posts