Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

281 - 300 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
come on install those lights and post pics of them installed already lol !!!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
So this box..... :popc1: :popc1:

Do I need to come over there and open it myself! :goodfinge
Not just headlights but round headlights and a few other things. I opened the box the day I got it. I need some brackets before they will mount up. I have to go take them off the doner truck.

So I'm gone for a week or two and Rick is working on his headlight convo and Josh became a mod??
What's this world coming to?:histerica

·
Registered
110 Posts
Awwwww man! :banghead I got to the end and still waiting on those headlights installed! Looking forward to seeing it in person or on the forum! Keep up the good work!:thumbup

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Okay I was back at it again today. Unfortunetaly progress was not really made. I was trying to finish up the brakes. One of the first things I did on this thing was to replace the lines and rear brakes. I left the booster/mc and the front calipers and rotors alone. Mark and I tried bleeding them last week and the pedal was horrible. So I went to the NAPA store and ordered a new one. Booster/mc was for a 79 because thats what I have right? So I pulled the booster/mc today. Not to bad getting it off. Now removing the pin that holds the pedal actuator and the plunger. That was a different story. It seems that it really didn't want to leave the other. Rust is a bitch let me tell ya. So I went to the other project Bronco and stole it's mounting bracket and go to hook it up. Well the plunger on the new booster/mc is totally different from what I just pulled off. Seems Ford switched the booster in 79 and went to a different style. Well I guess they had a few of the 78 style left on the assembly line and gave my 79 one of them. So now I have to wait for the new 78 style to get here from WV.

Pics
Old Booster/MC

New 79 Booster, the 78 doesn't have that curvature.

I will back at the cutting tomorrow while I wait on the new metal to get here.
I am at this very spot with my 78, my booster/mc hangs a bit foreward of the firewall and has a few more pcs of Linkage? odd that they would have made such a change

·
Certified Asshat
3,749 Posts
I am at this very spot with my 78, my booster/mc hangs a bit foreward of the firewall and has a few more pcs of Linkage? odd that they would have made such a change
OX1 has done a number of posts on a great many threads (including one of mine, if you search) where he showed the different linkages, brackets, modifications and tweaks to be had. There's a significant section of my build thread devoted to my conversion to the F350 booster/MC combo from A1 Cardone. The '79 linkage and the '79 linkage aren't even CLOSE to the same length, and the pedal throw is different. Do some poking around on my thread or search using OX1's username to find his posts. He's got this brake business down pat.

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Where I was a few months back.

Well I found myself a 73-75 ford and removed the buckets. Now to install them on the ol girl. Might have to drill some holes.
Thanks man and I'm getting close.
I love the round headlights on mine.

And I enjoyed reading through this thread and the pics. Did you ever get those headlights installed?:popc1:
Thanks to fol4321 I figured out how to position the buckets to drill the holes.

Empty buckets fastened to the grill.

Marks made drilling done both sides.

Grill disassembled and ready to be cleaned up.

Plan is to derust the buckets and paint, clean and paint the inner vent, buff and polish the outer.

Thanks for watching.

281 - 300 of 421 Posts