Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 421 Posts

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also got the new well new to Bronco hood latch installed. I know you will find this hard to believe but old one was rusted through. Stll need to align hood as you can see. Also included my half a bronco I got from Norfolkf05 (Josh). How about that front clip? PO thought it would be cool to have a folding forward clip. Nice straight line is best thing he did and maybe the power latch on the hood release.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow i have a feeling this build is gonna be awsome... i always love seeing a bronco being rescued and brought bak to life, it jus feels right ya knw. Looks good so far, the rattle can job looks decent and will get the job done good luck wth it man. As i always say, just enjoy it! lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
Also got the new well new to Bronco hood latch installed. I know you will find this hard to believe but old one was rusted through. Stll need to align hood as you can see. Also included my half a bronco I got from Norfolkf05 (Josh). How about that front clip? PO thought it would be cool to have a folding forward clip. Nice straight line is best thing he did and maybe the power latch on the hood release.

Rick
hey sweet hood i almost bought a 78 stepside with a flip nose, thought it was the coolest thing. I cudnt help notice that parts truck had lil steps on it, does it have both? id be interested in them if u didnt want them. thanks

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hey sweet hood i almost bought a 78 stepside with a flip nose, thought it was the coolest thing. I cudnt help notice that parts truck had lil steps on it, does it have both? id be interested in them if u didnt want them. thanks
Think it does I'll check and see what kinda shape they in. Send ya a pm soon.

Rick

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Looking forward to following this one, Rick! Love the first gen FSB. You going to post up any more pics of the motor, interior, underbody, etc?

Is the other one just a parts truck, or a project? I actually think the flip front would be cool if done correctly. It would make motor access way easier, that's for sure...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I actually think the flip front would be cool if done correctly. It would make motor access way easier, that's for sure...
you are right on both accounts....lots easier access, but it def was not done correctly!

rattle can looks pretty decent, rick.

·
Registered
504 Posts
nice find rick specially for the price.
theres one in a yard round here that they want three grand for and its its in pretty sorry shape as well.
most everything is there but as far as i can tell not half as good as yours is.
good luck and keep up the updates.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Your rattle can paint job looks good! Course like you said, upclose it's not that great but 10 feet back it's nice! I know the feeling on that.

I don't think the front clip is savagable on that part truck! It looks like's holding together by habit! LOL

I thought about doing a front clip flip on my bronco but that's down the road. Plus I think I might do it a little better then that one!

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Your rattle can paint job looks good! Course like you said, upclose it's not that great but 10 feet back it's nice! I know the feeling on that.

I don't think the front clip is savagable on that part truck! It looks like's holding together by habit! LOL

I thought about doing a front clip flip on my bronco but that's down the road. Plus I think I might do it a little better then that one!
Thanks! Yeah I kinda refer to the flip front on that one as how not to do it.

Rick

"Left for dead" 78-96 rebuild thread, what do you think?

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Looking forward to following this one, Rick! Love the first gen FSB. You going to post up any more pics of the motor, interior, underbody, etc?

Is the other one just a parts truck, or a project? I actually think the flip front would be cool if done correctly. It would make motor access way easier, that's for sure...
I am going to try and snap some more photos this weekend. SGO around my house thats more important than my projects. Thanks for the interest guys! I really do welcome the feedback.

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I took some pics of the inside battered steed. Gotta remember is was on the beach for 8 years. I vaccumed it once already yet there is still sand everywhere. It has some serious holes in the floor pans front and rear. But amazingly the windshield don't leak go figure. Still gotta get the tires and wheels on it and brakes bleed and I am gonna tear into the interior and start working my way out.

Attachments

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Some more pics, as you can see well maybe not. There are a lot of bottle caps in this thing. I think I could use all it has in it to patch the holes. PO was nice enuff to leave this Bud Light for me. It has a experation date on it of June of 08. What you guys think, skunked or what?

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks like someone tried to patch it up once before...I am sure you will be more successful than the last guy.

21 - 40 of 421 Posts