Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice find and great price. I love my 79. I agree that rattle can is the way to go. It's relatively cheep and easy to touch up as you need.

I'm having to patch some floor holes, but got lucky that the exterior and frame are rust-free (AZ weather <G>).

Keep up the good work and keep posting. It's great to see these things come back to life.

woolf

·
go outside.
6 Posts
Rick, this project is looking like the definition of a restoration!
I'll definetly be following this one. (GOOD LUCK!)

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nice find and great price. I love my 79. I agree that rattle can is the way to go. It's relatively cheep and easy to touch up as you need.
I'm having to patch some floor holes, but got lucky that the exterior and frame are rust-free (AZ weather <G>).
Like the rattle can paint. Easy to apply, cheap to buy and an endless supply. Carpet still in it, but the view from below says worse than swiss cheese.
Keep up the good work and keep posting. It's great to see these things come back to life.

woolf
Like the rattle can paint. Easy to apply, cheap to buy and an endless supply. Carpet still in it, but the view from below says worse than swiss cheese.

That Bud Light was skunked the day it left Anheuser Busch...

Lots of rust holes on it, but nothing that can't be repaired with time, patience, and some tools.

You drink the beer yet?
You are correct as I have come to learn "Jereme". I think I am going to hold on to the beer let it age like a fine wine and drink it when the truck is done. What ya think of that?
Rick, this project is looking like the definition of a restoration!
I'll definetly be following this one. (GOOD LUCK!)
Thanks for the motivation will work on it again soon.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Great build, and nice save. The spray bomb paint looks good. I like the colors. That said, I have always thought the burn marks around the fuel filler had some real character. I'd love to hear the story behind that!!!!

Keep up the good work and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Great build, and nice save. The spray bomb paint looks good. I like the colors. That said, I have always thought the burn marks around the fuel filler had some real character. I'd love to hear the story behind that!!!!

Keep up the good work and enjoy.
Thanks, paint is a rustoleum outdoor paint 2x coverage. Went on easy and pretty thick first time. Had to watch the speed of my hands ran if to slow. Not burn marks around tank, I beleive it was mildew.

Being from the Detroit area I never would have guessed a beach truck to be in that bad of shape.Good luck and great save.
What you got to remember is that it lived on the beach in the salty air running in the salty water. I would say that is accelerates the rusting process by about 3x maybe more. Thanks I thought it was a great save also.

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I have not done much to it of late. Wife was diagnosed with b-cell lymphoma at begining of May. So my free time and focus has been moved to her and other things around the house. After her treatments are complete the outlook is great for a healthy life normal life. I'll post when I get something done, hopefully soon. Need a little stress relief.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mildew makes sense. Not as exciting as a fire though. :)

Sorry to hear about your wife. It's good to hear the positive outlook.

Thank you Rick for sending that "R". It worked perfect for me since the plastic tabs were still on my Bronco. I was excited when it got here and was telling my wife how cool it was of you to do this while I was tearing open the package.
Tyler

41 - 60 of 421 Posts