Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 421 Posts

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
I got a little bit of work done.

I did a little bit of work last month. Tranny coolant lines had a hole in them, probably rusted through. PO has patched them with rubber hose, duct tape and hose clamps. Needless to say not a very sound approach.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Taking the old ones off was rather easy. Putting the new ones on not so.The return line would not thread from underneath the truck. So I pulled the carpet, both layers to get to the access panel. I lined it up and bam done in five minutes and that was taking panel off threading it and putting panel back on. I guess they put there for a reason. Anyways here are whats left of the floorboards. You can call me Fred, Flintstone that is wow!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,676 Posts
Wow - your floors look worse than mine! Like I said in my build, I'm trying to save as much of the original metal as I can. Looks like you'll need to do full replacements on both sides. Luckily my sub-floor supports are in pretty good shape and I just need some minor repair to the driver's side body mount bracket. (Although I have not seen under the rear seat footwell yet to see how the sub stucture is.) My plan is to stitch weld (solid) around the floor pan except along the door opening where I will spot weld. Also spot weld to all the sub structure to make it as close to how Ford did it originally. Trickiest part for me is along the bottom of the kick panel where the floor ties in - nothing left for the new floor pan to weld to. I've made an angle bracket to weld to the kick panel and I'm hoping this works OK.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't wait to pull my carpet and see how my floors look! :shocked
dont do it man...fight the urge...they say that knowing is half the battle ...i strongly disagree...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Now pit a 460 in it, huge tires and wheel it like ya stole it. Very cool on the rescue, good to see a ride such as that on the road to recovery. Can't wait to see it's progression. Hole ya have a blast in it man

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I had to look at this for a minute to figure out what it was! my gawd that is just terrible!
It was a little better than what I was expecting. Prior to pulling carpet all you could see from under side was the insulation and some of that "Great Stuff" foam hanging down. Gonna try and get the front seat and rest of carpet out in next week or two.

·
Registered
115 Posts
think thats bad?
oh my gawd:shocked

thats terrible i would be terrified to get in that thing.

Awesome build by the way i hope to own a 78/79 within the next year or so if i can find a good deal. keep up the good work!:rockon

·
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
So I had a little extra time today to do something. Figured I would see how the PB blast soak worked on the last bolt holding the bench seat in. I put my large socket wrench on it and pulled. It broke free and I didn't strip it. Got it off so now seat is free to remove it. Asked my son Trey if he wanted to help me. He of course said yes since he feels this is his truck. Maybe by the time he is old enough to drive it will be finished. Anyways seat out, carpet pulled, vynal pulled, wow look at all that rust.:shocked
two layers, carpet glued to vynal.

soaking the seatbelt retaining screw, hope that helps

Put the little man to work, lift boy lift!

got all the carpet out of the passenger area

Pretty rough

I am going to do it the hard way for now and replace whats needs it with new metal. Gotta vacuum and clean it up some and go from there. Wow!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
If you got a torch, I would suggest heating those bolts cherry red and then remove them.

Other wise good luck as I couldn't get mine out without the heat.

61 - 80 of 421 Posts