Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 140 of 421 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,676 Posts
Hey Gary if you get a second take a look at my thread and look at the big gaping hole in the floorboard. How would you run that patch up to the kick panel. I'm kinda stumped.
Rick, are you asking how to tie into the kick panel? It should have a "ledge" that is made to attach the floor pan to. However it probably rusted away with the rest of the floor pan! If so you need to remake the ledge and attach it to the kick panel first. I had to do this on both sides of mine.

After welding the bracket in you just do some plug welds about every 2 inches to hold the floor pan to the bracket. Then use seam sealer in the corner to seal it all up.

Is this what you were asking about?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looking good. youll feel better when ya get those pans in. Great idea by scoop for rebuilding that ledge.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Dang Rick,
I'm watching this close cause that is about what my f100 looks like. It is a bit overwhelming, but good to see you tackling it.

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
Okay I was back at it again today. Unfortunetaly progress was not really made. I was trying to finish up the brakes. One of the first things I did on this thing was to replace the lines and rear brakes. I left the booster/mc and the front calipers and rotors alone. Mark and I tried bleeding them last week and the pedal was horrible. So I went to the NAPA store and ordered a new one. Booster/mc was for a 79 because thats what I have right? So I pulled the booster/mc today. Not to bad getting it off. Now removing the pin that holds the pedal actuator and the plunger. That was a different story. It seems that it really didn't want to leave the other. Rust is a bitch let me tell ya. So I went to the other project Bronco and stole it's mounting bracket and go to hook it up. Well the plunger on the new booster/mc is totally different from what I just pulled off. Seems Ford switched the booster in 79 and went to a different style. Well I guess they had a few of the 78 style left on the assembly line and gave my 79 one of them. So now I have to wait for the new 78 style to get here from WV.

Pics
Old Booster/MC

New 79 Booster, the 78 doesn't have that curvature.

I will back at the cutting tomorrow while I wait on the new metal to get here.

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Was back cutting out the rust today. I used the grinder today with a cut off wheel on it. Um, why didn't I do this the first time. Much quicker! I got the passenger side floor cut out. Just waiting on the new sheet metal to get here from LMC. I think I got what I need. When it gets here I will know for sure.
Prior to cutting

The rocker panel seems to be in better shape on this side. Everything else is pretty much same as driverside.

And since the Wife poured grease down the kitchen sink drain last night I had more important things to fix than take an after pic. Stay tuned more to come.

·
Certified Asshat
3,749 Posts
Was back cutting out the rust today. I used the grinder today with a cut off wheel on it. Um, why didn't I do this the first time. Much quicker!

And since the Wife poured grease down the kitchen sink drain last night I had more important things to fix than take an after pic. Stay tuned more to come.
The angle grinder is your friend. It takes a steady hand to keep your lines straight but if you use your body or a fixed object to steady it, that helps a lot.

Sorry to hear about the sink... I can empathize. There's not much in this world that my wife will not try to run through the garbage disposal.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I love seeing any assumed to be scrap vehicle saved and brought back to something beautiful! Even more so when its a bronco! excellent work on bko

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I feel your pain as I went through the same issue with the brake assembly on mine.

One suggestion is not to buy a rebuilt master cylinder, just get a new one from Napa, that rebuilt one cause me to have soft brakes and it was ticking me off. I put that new cylinder on and it was night and day! Now the bronco can lock up the 35" with no issue!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #136 (Edited)
I love seeing any assumed to be scrap vehicle saved and brought back to something beautiful! Even more so when its a bronco! excellent work on bko
No doubt this thing was headed for the scrapper or a grave. People overthere are known for burrying vehicles like this.

I feel your pain as I went through the same issue with the brake assembly on mine.

One suggestion is not to buy a rebuilt master cylinder, just get a new one from Napa, that rebuilt one cause me to have soft brakes and it was ticking me off. I put that new cylinder on and it was night and day! Now the bronco can lock up the 35" with no issue!!!
I got it out and was like WTF that ain't gonna work. I'll keep that MC issue in mind Cody thanks.

Rick,
What was wrong with the passenger floor pan you got? You looking for one that goes futrther back???
Uh yeah, I hit this thing with the vaccum again yesterday and created a few more holes for myself to fill :banghead:cry. Need to get that welder I've been eyeballing.

***Update for the day is I purchased a few more cut off wheels and grinding discs for the future. I also got a dust mask to aleviate the black bogger after working on thins thing.*****

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mine was worse than that! The floors were better but the structure of the tub was rotted out. Mine had great stuff sprayed all over it too. Hated cutting the Bronco off of the frame. Ohio winters are hard on bodys. Keep up the good work!

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Jealous!!! I want a real welder, dammit! Haha

That's a great looking pile there, Rick. Funny how we can actually get happy looking at a few bits of formed metal laying in the yard, huh?
Funny it is, ups guy and I know each other by 1st names. Got a good welder, lets see what I can do w/ it.

121 - 140 of 421 Posts