Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

141 - 160 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
sweet buy man! i know you will have some fun with it. only bad thing about having your own welder is the insatiable desire to burn metal! now, you just need to find a local hook up for some metal, or you will go broke building stuff with all the trucks you have! :toothless

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hell yea!!!!! Look at all those goodies!!!!

Rick, that is a nice welder. I don't imagine you'd ever need more than that around the house. 1/2" is possible with that one.

Be sure to practice on scrap and make sure the weld areas are very clean. For the sheetmetal be sure to get some .023 or .025 wire and keep the gas a little higher to help with keeping the metal cool.

Can you tell I'm excited for ya!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
sweet buy man! i know you will have some fun with it. only bad thing about having your own welder is the insatiable desire to burn metal! now, you just need to find a local hook up for some metal, or you will go broke building stuff with all the trucks you have! :toothless
True dat. Norfolk is a wise man!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Thanks Josh, looking forward to getting started. I'll hit a local legend up for that. Names Jimmy Etheridge, quite a welder/fabricator himself and one of the smartest men I know.

Hell yea!!!!! Look at all those goodies!!!!

Rick, that is a nice welder. I don't imagine you'd ever need more than that around the house. 1/2" is possible with that one.

Be sure to practice on scrap and make sure the weld areas are very clean. For the sheetmetal be sure to get some .023 or .025 wire and keep the gas a little higher to help with keeping the metal cool.

Can you tell I'm excited for ya!!!
Thanks Tyler appreciate the tip.

True dat. Norfolk is a wise man!!!!
Easy on the level of complement. He's going to get a complex.

I did a bit of work today before I went to work this evening. I put the new MC and Booster on the Bronco. Man, it was twice a easy to put it on as it was to take off. Rust just makes things so much more difficult. Trey got home from school and I had him change and come back out and help a little. Look at how happy he is. Such a simple task of tightening nuts on MC and look at the joy he is receiveing. :rockon

I think I'm going to paint the to of the cylinder Ford Blue.

·
Banned
677 Posts
^ this is the truth.

·
Registered
525 Posts
You try out that welder yet? Just got my new one set up with shielding gas. What a difference. Retired the old HF welder we named Sparkey:thumbup dont miss that thing. Trucks looking good.

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
You try out that welder yet? Just got my new one set up with shielding gas. What a difference. Retired the old HF welder we named Sparkey:thumbup dont miss that thing. Trucks looking good.
Haven't tried the welder out yet. I still need to get my inlaws over to get the electircal outlet straight. Then get the bottle and break it out of the box. Work and the family has kept me busy of late. I did however get the brakes straight. Now it stop when I want it to. Thanks Mark (thinblueline) for helping me bleed the brakes.

·
Certified Asshat
3,749 Posts
Did you upgrade the brakes on this one or stay stock? I tried mine out - for real - yesterday. Locked both rears and not a shimmy out of the fronts but with no nose dive and a slow response. My wife bought me an adjustable proportioning valve for Christmas so I think I need to figure out how I want to plumb it in as a replacement for the factory unit.

Anyway...just curious about whether you did F350 components, hydro boost or stayed stock.

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Did you upgrade the brakes on this one or stay stock? I tried mine out - for real - yesterday. Locked both rears and not a shimmy out of the fronts but with no nose dive and a slow response. My wife bought me an adjustable proportioning valve for Christmas so I think I need to figure out how I want to plumb it in as a replacement for the factory unit.

Anyway...just curious about whether you did F350 components, hydro boost or stayed stock.
I stayed stock on it. It seems to have some good pedal. No seats in it so driving it on the road sitting on the floorboard with a hole under the pedals is not an option. :rofl: I will go hydro on the War horse first. It is the one that needs it the most w/ 36" Swampers. I might try the 350 components when I start on the other project Bronco.:thumbup

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Today I got a few things to get me going at it again. With the weather we have ahead of us I should get moving again real soon.
My goodies!:rockon

Hey that welder will do a good job! Buddy of mine has one and we used it to weld jsut about everything. If you switch to flux core you can weld up to 1/2" easily and with gas that sheet metal will be easy to weld!!

I want to get that exact welder too, lucky man!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
it is always fun when you get something like this and save it from the crusher..hope your kids might lend you a hand..what a great time for the family if it becomes a project for all..
best of luck

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
it is always fun when you get something like this and save it from the crusher..hope your kids might lend you a hand..what a great time for the family if it becomes a project for all..
best of luck
Kids really like it when they get to help. They want to make it into a mud truck. Thanks!:thumbup

I was back at it a bit today. First day in 5 that it wasn't raining :goodfinge. I think mother nature is a bit confused this year, 70* last week and then 30's and snowing this past weekend. She even went so far as to tell me to hurry up. Check this out.

This is not the first time this has happened either.

I decided to use a few new tools I bought and get going again.

How do I address this issue. First time working with metal. So this should be interesting. Will need to remember to take my time and think things out.

I figured I would patch this hole first with a patch panel from LMC.

Now the hole on the kick panel. And I still need to create a ledge for the new floor pan to sit on.

I took an idea from Gary (Scoop) and used the hood to patch it with.

I purchased some Seam Sealer today at Autozone. Of course I walk in and was greeted. Woman behind counter asked what she could help me with. I told her body sealer and she said, I've never heard of that. I said how about body repair aile and I'll look. She tells me and sure enough right there on bottom shelf. Found it before she could ask her co-worker and get an answer. Hopefully she will remember it for the next customer when he asks her if they carry it. :twak

I will try and get some more done this afternoon. Baring any issues from the twins.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
nice work rick, see you get alot done when i am not around to slow you down. keep plugging away at it. let me know if you need ahand with anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just read through your build, real impressive. I'm about to embark on a rebuild of a 79, reading your journal gives me more confidence that it can be done. Will follow you further as I'll have to do a lot of what you have already started.

Looking great congrats!

141 - 160 of 421 Posts