Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read for a couple of nights about changing the wiring to the dash switch so it will work and consume less power to operate.

Some of the images from the posts wont pull up.

I understand running a 10 ga. wire from the + side of the battery through the fire wall along with 2 18 ga. wires from the Batt. + to connect to 2 different wires on the dash switch. This will relieve some of the strain on the dash switch. (1/8th amp draw)

Then, if I understand I run all 3 to the back window.

By the way I did the continuity test on the different terminals on the dash switch and it seemed to check out.

I understand there will be 2 new relays in the back mounted to GOOD grounds.

There is mention of 3 more 10 ga. wires in the back, preferably 3 different colors for ease of identifying where they go.

It gets fuzzy from there about where they come from and go.

Will someone please help me lock an image in my mind of what this is suppose to look like?

Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would keep this in the technical thread you were already posting in. I didn't go through that write-up but your basically describing a procedure to install relays to the window switch system.

The idea is a relay can deliver/handle a heavy load that a weak switch could not. So, a switch will trigger your relay, the relay will then power your motor. Again, I didn't read the write-up and I don't know the system well enough but I would think you'd want your 10awg wire run all the way back to your rear window and then to 2 relays. Your two 18awg wires are your up/down triggers from your dash switch into each relay. The idea is to bypass all the factory wiring. 10awg wire seems a bit much to me but if it gets it working then :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, I'll continue it there. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts