Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start off this didnt happen to my bronco but still a ford!
Took the family out camping with my brother and brother inlaw! I had my 97 f150 4"lift 33" tires and my brother had his 98 with the same stuff! we wake up on a great spring sunday morn here in michigan and head to find some trails! i was taking the lead all was going great till we got to this spot that was about a 40 foot water hole!

so like any normal person on a trail they never been on i jumped out to take a look! walked the whole thing water never getting above my shoe top. so i jumped back in the truck and made way to the hole to splash some water around for the kids. got a good running start and about half way through BAM! come to a dead stop barried her deep! wife goes to grab the door handle and before the words dont came out she opened the door( water up to my ass) so i jumped out the window looked at my bro and said grab the strap! he was like u got the strap! needless to say my truck is 3ft deep in the mud and no strap!

10 hours later after leaveing the truck there to go hunt down a strap! it was in so deep that it took 3 trucks at once to get it out! sounded like a 20ft suction cup when it finaly came loose!

20 ft snap strap?? never leave home with out it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there was! after getting it back on the road it would'nt shift out of sec gear and u could smell it burning up! So i took it to a tranny shop that we knew really well! left it with him told him make it bulllit proof!

$1600 and a week later good to go shifted like a dream. Till the next time we went out, then the same thing happend after 3 times taking it back! he finally found the porblem! the plug on the side of the tranny had a crack in it letting water in. after that all was good in f150 land! and back to the trails we went!

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Better hope the wires under your carpet dont start corroding, you could loose power seats and the ability to listen to the radio like in my Taurus:banghead

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah i went through all that pulled the seats carpet and all! blew everything out! i'v been doing mobile electronics for 14 years so yeah i know all about that ;) but no worrys the truck is no longer my problem! my bronco is my love now!

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
you really like exclamation points, huh?

Glad you got the truck out. Sucks that the strap wasn't handy

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
PaulT said:
you really like exclamation points, huh?

Glad you got the truck out. Sucks that the strap wasn't handy
Oh! My! Goodness! I'm! Possessed! With! Exclamation! Marks! Save! The! Children! Before! It's! Too! Late!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn! that sucks man! glad you got it out and fixed!!;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had something very similar happen to me a couple of years ago. I had a 78 stepside F-150 at the time and me and a couple of buddies went out trail riding. We were in no more than 1/4 mile when we came upon a huge water hole that I had been through numerous times. My buddy went along the side and I decided to go through it. I figured I had gone through not too long ago without a problem. No sooner did the front of my truck hit the water-I done a nose dive and the front drivers corner disappeared! So I put it in reverse...no luck...forward...no luck. 4Hi, 4Lo. 1st gear, 3rd gear. Nothing! So after about 15 min. I climbed out of my window (mind you my door is half way under water) and grabbed my strap, shackle, and hook. We hooked up and as I was trying to go backwards I turned my wheels a little from side to side. Big mistake. All of a sudden I heard a little pop and bubbles started floating to the top of the water. To make a long story short it took us 6 hours, three trucks, a broken strap, a hole in my tailgate and a hole in my buddies tail gate till the mud finally let her lose. When the truck was out of the water we found out what kept her in. The drivers' front tire came off the bead and was embedded in the mud!! Needs less to say after draining the water out of the cab, changing the tire (spares are gods on the trail), and shorting my dimmer switch out going down the road; it took me days to get her cleaned up and repaired. My electric fan slung mud and water all over the engine bay...:banghead But...I have to admit it was a blast! :thumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts