Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't deside what to do with my spare. it is going to be a 35" and from what i have read i don't want to carry it on my factory outside carrier. i am going to order a bumper from davids78bronco so should i just get his bumper with the tire carrier? or could i put it inside on a factory carrier?

i also had a thought of adding a piece of metal to the vertical support on the factory carrier and attach it to the bumper instead of the tailgate :shrug might take some of the weight off the tailgate and fender.

let me know what you think :thumbup

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Ive seen a few pictures of the tube style swingout spare tire carriers mounted to the bumper only...Alot better Idea..I too carry a 35" inch spare in the back...Just wouldnt trust the weight on the rear 1/4 panel..

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
stangmata50l said:
You really only have three real options.

2) Mount the spare in the back of the truck. This isn't a bad idea, but immediately, you've given up cargo space. Plus, what if you go bigger? Ever seen a 38" tire laying in the back of the truck? Big mess.

?
Hey watch it. :twak

Look closely you'll see mine in there 38x12.50x15 it just fits.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
i have a 35x12.5 on a stock spare rim mounted on my spare carrier... i spaced it out with nut on each of the 3 post that it bolts to so it has a little more clearance than if i just bolted the rim right up to it and cranked it down(which i found creases the sidewall of the tire)

i also do stupid things like back into trees with it (see below:toothless )

while it's not usually recommended... i've had zero problems so far... and it's been like this for about 3 years of wheeling and a few cross country trips

don't forget... i am one of the lucky few that has a rust free bronco and tailgate:chili:

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts

there is mine.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
wanna buy me the spare double beadlock rim? Last I heard to match what I am currently running it is well over $400 per rim.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
jopes said:
wanna buy me the spare double beadlock rim? Last I heard to match what I am currently running it is well over $400 per rim.
ouch!!! have to run it by the sig. other...dont think it will fly though:rockon

·
Registered
606 Posts
jopes could i get a couple more pics of yours from the side possibly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts