Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may seem like a dumb question but i am thinking about get leveling coils for my 96 4x4 f150 and was wondering if they are designed to go with or with out the factory spring spacer for the amount of lift the coils are said to be whether that's 1.5" or 2". basically what im asking is if i buy 2" coils for my truck will i get 2" of lift with out my factory spacer?

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
depends on the motor in your ride. you could try to install f-250 front springs and get 2.5" or 3". you will need camber bushings. I have rough country leveling kit on mine and got 2.5" looked great with 33's. then added a 3" body.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm actually looking at is the rough country springs but I'm hoping they are meant to give the lift without the factory spacers in place

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
What spacer are you talking about? can you post up a pic of it? Cause there is no spacer from the factory that I know of. If there is a spacer in there now,I think someone put it there trying to level it before.

There are some Huge threads on this already with a lot of info.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
Those are not spacers. that's the lower coil mount.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
this may seem like a dumb question but i am thinking about get leveling coils for my 96 4x4 f150 and was wondering if they are designed to go with or with out the factory spring spacer for the amount of lift the coils are said to be whether that's 1.5" or 2". basically what im asking is if i buy 2" coils for my truck will i get 2" of lift with out my factory spacer?
Is your F150 extended cab?

I put some Moog CC824 coil springs on the front of my truck and they leveled it out to where the rear is only .5" higher. I had to get some adjustable caster camber bushings for the upper ball joints and have it aligned.

Yes, any coil you put in there will on will fit on the coil mount, and you have to have it there to mount the spring to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is my first time working on fullsize ttb I'm coming from the ranger world where everyone uses the f150 coil seats as spacers so that's what I thought they were. Thanks for the help. Also where is the best price for the adjustable camber bushings?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought Fab Tech Adjustable bushings off of ebay real cheap. But beware, I installed them and took it to get aligned. The shop that did it couldn't get the right one seated all the way and didn't tell me. Now my tire has a tendency to tip in on the top at random! I haven't had any luck reseating it, because I can't get the Nut loose on the Ball Joint anymore. Just spins and so do the bushings.:duh

·
Registered
127 Posts
Correction, it tips out at the top! Next time using fixed alignment bushings. Also my Rough countrys have sagged more than I think they should have. Have had to make spacers like the ones that Skyjacker? sells. I like the ride of the progressive rate springs. They may not sag on your rig though, I have a plow on mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts