Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey it getting to that time again. i need new tires. currently i need new tires which i can manage, but dont have the lift(or money t olift) to clear 33's. if i go with a standard 33x12.5 could i clear them with 2" leveling coil? also if i tried that what backspacing would be recomended. its also saftey inspection time.....uh-oh.
Tim

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you search around the site,you'll se many people here run 33's stock.On a 92 you'll need to space out the front bumper for clearance.If you use the search there are lots of good ways to do this.Personally,i'd run 32's,stock.When i had them on i only needed to shim the front bumper less than half an inch,and trim the plastic airdam a little.I have 33x12.5 mudterrains on stock rims/backspacing,and they never rub turning.Some people need to just adjust their steering stops though.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
33's on stock rims will be ok, they are tight, and you will need to space the bumper out, and depending on how much sag you have, cna hit the back of the fender

a real cheap solution i used was air lift air bags, they leveled the front out enough to get rid of that squat

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i kinda tried to search but i got tooo lazy to keep trying. instead of shimming the front bumper, could i just cut it? i also have airbags in my coils so i get a lil lift outa them. so i should be ok with ttb flex on the trail without major rubbing?
Thx for the help
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts