Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6in lift on my bronco and the front end sits quite a bit lower then the back. I was wondering what would be the best way to raise the front up 1in or 2in? The Bronco does see some wheelin but is mainly my daily driver. Ive heard the coil spacers dont work very well. Would bigger coil springs work?

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Do you have blocks in the rear?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
what kind of lift are you running... What do you have set-up in the rear, blocks, add-a-leaf, reverse shackle. ect.....

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Did you leave the factory block? Maybe removing the add a leaf will lower the rear a bit and look more level.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
How old is the lift? Either you can lower the rear slightly to even it out or get some newer or stiffer 6in coils for the front.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Longer springs in the front would work yes, just make sure to get it aligned again. And I had a pair of coil spacers for my '83 Ranger and they worked fine, on and off road. There are a BUNCH of people that will nock spacers, but all I can do is put in my 0.2 cents and tell you that they worked fine for me.

And you cant beat the price, around 40 bucks on ebay!!

Btw, does anybody know about how much the front end sags on a stock 96 bko? Not trying to hijack, just curious.

·
Registered
98 Posts
BCKbronco...i have the same exact prob.... i have the same lift and year model bronco... i too was askin the same question..... have you tried anything yet? I was thinkin bout takin out the stock block... also the coil spacer trick but then read bout the allginment would be outta wack and a paint to adjust. It jus seems like every day i look the front just looks lower and lower as if the springs and all the front is gettin more n more setteld in....but the rear is stayin stout..:scratchhe...

Also... there was a rear clamp rivited on the rear leaf pack holdin the leafs together and i noticed the AAL was pushin against the rivet on the clamp. So i got the rivet off and left the clamp and it brought the rear down about an inch but the rear is still 2" higher than the front...i might take the clamp off...iono. But i jus dont wanna "lower" anything i jus wanna go up ^;)

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Well I guess you could always put a spacer in the front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts