Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any front leveling springs that are light blue in color??may have found a set at the junkyard.has 2-3 more coils but the spring diameter is thinner than my stock set.don't know if it matters,but i've got a fairly heavy payload truck.very heavy rear springs and dual shock in front(with dual shock setup is there a heavier spring to go with??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thinner diameter of the spring bar itself means it will be a softer rate. Adding a couple of coils will allow it to sit about the same height as a stock spring with a heavier rate.

If they are thinner diameter of coil, they may not fit in your buckets and mounts.

What do you mean by thinner diameter?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinner diameter of the spring bar itself means it will be a softer rate. Adding a couple of coils will allow it to sit about the same height as a stock spring with a heavier rate.

If they are thinner diameter of coil, they may not fit in your buckets and mounts.

What do you mean by thinner diameter?[/QUOTE]

they are on a 87 ish 4x4.the cross section of the spring bar stock is thinner but there are more coils than what i have in my 86 now.with the thinner coils (and taller spring) is the ride going to be stockish or way softer than original.just by a quick look you can see the slight difference in diam.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds like it's a softer spring rate, which means a softer ride. How much softer? Nobody can answer that without knowing the actual spring rates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts