Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a 3" body lift and do not want to raise the front any higher, is there a good way to lower the rear to level it with the front?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Figure out how much you want to lower the rear and then search ebay for lowering shackles for that amount.

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
isn't the heighth difference between the front and rear the block in the rear. I dont know what you could expect by removing it though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
isn't the heighth difference between the front and rear the block in the rear. I dont know what you could expect by removing it though.
If it's just the stock suspension, that block needs to be there as it's wedge-shaped and used to keep the pinion angle correct since the Bronco uses a CV joint at the transfer case end of the driveshaft. Get an inch or two longer shackle for the rear, and problem solved.

·
Registered
78 Posts
if u wanted to make alot of work for yourself you could remove the rear block and relocate the leaf spring mounts on the axle to adjust the pinion angle.

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
when you change the shackle length to raise or lower it you comprimise the stock driveline angle as well so can some one explain to me why it would be different to remove the block versus allowing the spring to go up the same height by adding a longer shackle which will make the driveline angle the exact same as removing the same amount of block right? or am I just retarded? The way I see it is either way the angle is going to change what is the difference and why? I know alot about engines but not alot about drive lines so please explain

·
Registered
163 Posts
The way I see it is either way the angle is going to change what is the difference and why?
You are correct that either way will change the pinion angle. The difference is that a couple of inches at the shackle will make a very tiny difference in pinion angle. He'd have to extend the shackle like 8 inches or more to throw off the pinion angle as much as he would by removing the wedge.

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
ok now it kind of makes sense. So then get shackles.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I wanted to do, but wasn't really sure what else would have been effected. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts