Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tastes Like Chicken
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of a friend has started selling cell packages, and since it's nearly time for a new contract anyway, I decided to see what it was all about. Supposedly plans from every major carrier, and I've been eyeing the 5000 minute plan from T-mobile since my current 2000 plan isn't quite enough.

I called the 800 number, and asked if that was available. Sure!!! and for an extra five bucks I can have the phone in two days. The deal was they were gonna give me a phone, and charge me shipping. T-Mobile would bill me all the other good stuff. I repeatedly verified that the only charge would be the 14.99 shipping fee.

Well, I get an email saying that they couldn't complete my order with T-Mobile, but they can with Liberty Wireless, and I have 24 hours to call and cancel the order.

I check my bank online, and there's a charge for $142. :wtf I call the bank, and it's from Liberty Wireless. I call Inphonic, the company I called to get the phone, and to cancel, and ask them why. They say there was a hold put on my card (much like hotels do) and that it will be off in 7 to 10 bussiness days.

Nevermind that I NEVER authorized the $142. I demand that it be removed immediately, and am given the number to Liberty Wireless. They have a neat little phone system that will tell you they have too many calls right now, and to call back later. I eventually get past that message, and hold for 17 minutes before I get a person. He won't let me speak to a supervisor, but agrees to have someone fax the required info to my bank to remove the hold.

Didn't happen. Called Liberty back today, and after 24 minutes got a live person. The 24 minutes gave me time to do a search, and find out that Inphonic (the company who couldn't get me T-Mobile) owns Liberty, AND there are a whole lot of pissed off people out there. I finally got a supervisor. Who didn't even want to admit he worked there. He kept telling me there was nothing he could do, but wouldn't give me anyone else.
"I have to send it to billing"
"Fine, what's thier number?"
"They don't have a number"
"Then how do you contact them?"
"With the computer"
"Fine. Message them and ask for a phone number."
"No"
"Then let me speak to someone who can give me that number."
"I am the highest level here"
"Okay, who makes out your schedule"
"I'm not allowed to tell you that"
"So, you can't help me, and you won't give me to someone that can"
"I can help you, it'll be 7 to 10 days"
"No, it won't."
:enforce

He finally said that billing got back to him and authorized him to fax my bank.
It didn't happen, so I called back and the guy wouldn't even talk to me. I finally badgered the poor customer rep that answered into coughing up a number for billing, who claim to be faxing the appropriate paperwork to my bank. We'll See.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to bitch. I also found out that even though I cancelled the order, they are likely to try to re-bill it often, according to other complaints. I am having that card replaced, and the risk management department at my bank has been notified of the fraud.

If there had been some fine print someplace, shame on me. But there wasn't, there was no mention of alternate carriers, or different plans.

Just wanted to warn everyone. Liberty Wireless, Inphonic Communications, www.nabc.com, are evidently a scam.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
wow, well I owe you a thanks... I was looking at T-mobile for my next carrier, but it sounds like sprint isn't as bad as I thought it was

Did you friend's friend bother to research this 'business' to make sure this wouldn't happen? or did he not care, and was only in it for the money? Either way, it sounds to me like the friend's friend is due for a beating

·
Tastes Like Chicken
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have Sprint. But T-Mobile wasn't the problem. I doubt they even ever received my information. I plan to go to a T-Mobile store when my Sprint contract is up next month. My boss has T-Mobile and it's pretty reliable in the FL-AL-MS-LA area.

I just need more than the 2000 minutes, and Sprint's 2500 plan is 115, but T-Mobile's 5000 plan is 130.00

It's actually the friends boss, but I doubt she knows the difference. She just passes out flyers and she gets a cut from everyone who uses her "promotion code."

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
DogFuzz said:
It's actually the friends boss, but I doubt she knows the difference. She just passes out flyers and she gets a cut from everyone who uses her "promotion code."
That's what I thought. Pretty bad business when you don't even know wtf you're "selling". I spose I'll have to check out t-mobile myself, and see if it's for me. Either way, thanks for the warning on a potential problem

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Yea sonds like a scam where they get to use everyones money to their benifit for 7 to 10 days, and some folks will say to hell with it cause they got more money than patience and it's free money....contact the better bussiness guys...:shrug

·
Registered
185 Posts
davids78bronco said:
wow, well I owe you a thanks... I was looking at T-mobile for my next carrier, but it sounds like sprint isn't as bad as I thought it was

Did you friend's friend bother to research this 'business' to make sure this wouldn't happen? or did he not care, and was only in it for the money? Either way, it sounds to me like the friend's friend is due for a beating

Don't knock T-Mobile. I've had them for almost three years (through their different buyouts) This Liberty is just a reseller. I used them on my wife's phone and came out OK. They did keep trying to pressure me to go with them vs. T-Mobile. I got a better deal with T-mobile by going through them vs. going to T-Mobile directly. Something about me already being a customer because of my phone and not wanting to work with me on my wife's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts