Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 100 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lifetime First: The ultimate used vehicle purchase

Greetings from North Pole Alaska,
While I am new to this forum, I am not new to 4x4s, or Ford. I am originally from Detroit. My grandparents, aunts uncles cousins and in-laws all worked for Ford at the main Dearborn plant. I have Ford in my blood.
That being said, while I have owned dozens of them, one I have never owned, until now, is a full size Bronco.
Having a Fiesta for mileage, a 92 F350 quad door with 7.5 for anything and everything, i wanted something in between. I was looking for a ext cab f150 w/ 4.9 and auto, but my wife made the comment that we should consider an suv. I dont care for any of Fords modern suvs, or the tritan engine series, (nothing bad, just personal preference) so I blurted out, 'the only one I would consider would be a full size Bronco.' Thus the search began.
Fast forward 6 months. Broncos in good shape are few and far between up here in the north, so it took me 6 months to find one that wasn't trash. It was 500 miles away. After a week of texts, I decided to bonsai one way fly to the rig and take a chance I would buy it. Now, here is where the lifetime first happens. They picked me up at the airport in it, and let me drive back to their place, some 70 miles away. So, I get a 70 mile test drive, though stop and go city driving in Anchorage, and then 40 miles highway. Wow, a 70 mile test drive. Then, we get to his place, he has a gas station grade floor hoist, and lifts the bronco 6 feet up, and then gives me an hour to go over it while he eats lunch.
I have bought many a rig, but never had a 70 mile test drive, and then a floor lift inspection.
To top it off, it was owned by millionaires that had multiple homes, one in Alaska. They came up for 2 months a year in the summer, bought the bronco locally and drove the bronco locally, and it sat in a garage for the next 10 months. For 25 years. Never engaged 4x4. Blemish free paint on the skid plates. The thing never saw snow until i drove it 400 miles back north through a raging blizzard. Its like new, no rust, mint condition.
I will never have a used car buying experience like this again. Once in a lifetime. Thought I would share with people that would appreciate this story.
Greetings to all, and thanks to the staff for this great site. So much info here, and great folks to boot.
I bid you all a great day!

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,221 Posts
That is an absolutely incredible story! Congrats on the incredible find, in regards to both the vehicle and the seller!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,500 Posts
wow... that's an outstanding experinece and purchase. you really did get a lifetime first and last there!
closest I've got is buying a shop-smith from a couple a few years back. took outstanding care of everything they had and the property and wood shop showed it.
love buying anything and everything I can from people like that.

again... congrats and please, read up on the rules and how-to's. We'd love to see a pic of that major score! :thumbup

oh yea... Welcome to the best place in the world for fullsize Bronco's and their devotee's! :toothless

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
First time ever seeing Christmas lights on a car going down the road

·
Registered
29 Posts
First time ever today going to the pull a part right after a 8" record snowfall.

I know 8" of snow isn't much ,but we actually set the month of march most snowfall in one day.
First time I ever realized that it sucks pulling parts up North. God Bless Texas! Just last week I went for a walk around the junk yard for exercise and a little shopping...in a short sleeve shirt. ;)

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,221 Posts
Well, now I feel guilty about bailing on welding on the VW out in the yard in 16 degree weather. I'm such a slacker.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive had a few first these last 2 week
1st. was cutting a roof off of a suburban
2nd. playing beer pong in a roofless suburban ( pics to prove it )
3rd. posting in the first thread
4th. learning about the ergonomics of a toilet

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I had a janitor in my school that this happened to. It hit him in the face and left him with a 5 inch scar acrossed his cheek.
Same exact thing happened to my grandpa. Went through his lip and cheek, and tore the hell out of his gums.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ive had a few first these last 2 week
1st. was cutting a roof off of a suburban
2nd. playing beer pong in a roofless suburban ( pics to prove it )
3rd. posting in the first thread
4th. learning about the ergonomics of a toilet
.... I think I hear Georgia calling you back home...... you have Red Neck all over you buddy! Come on down, we could use a beer pong set!:surprise:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Did he have the shield on the grinder? I'm not sure if this guy did. Either way it makes you think about wearing a face guard.
I did not see, but I am assuming so.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Saturday was my first and last time I'll try to relieve some pressure after eating corn beef and cabbage at my new girl friends parents house. They weren't impressed. But on the bright side I have a new story to tell.

81 - 100 of 212 Posts