Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ScourgeOf7seas be lookin to install a lift and 35s on my 88 xlt. I haven't exactly aquired me sea legs and I be pretty green with all of this (to say the least). I be thanking my lucky stars that such a place as fullsizebronco.com exists.

From reading this board, I take it that me choices be either a 3" body lift or a 4" suspension lift (6" sounds like it would make me Pirate corsair ride too high for Scourgeof7seas' likin'; or would it?).

It looks like the three inch lift will be costin me approx. 80 pieces of pillaged spanish gold.

What would a 4" inch suspension lift cost this salty dog? And would either option be something that I could reasonably do with the help of one of me mates? Me aim is to do as much as I can meself... that be the point of havin' a project, ehh? But ye must know that me experience and skill in all of this be little... and I be armed with very few tools at the moment (ye have to start somewhere, eh?)

What be everyones advice? Would such an undertaking be too much for a Pirate as green as me? ScourgeOf7seas be much obliged fur any sound advice given.

Arrrgh!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Go 6 inch suspension lift, they say if you go four you will end up wanting the 6. Body lift will work also and would be much cheaper. There is a very informative sticky regarding lift and tire size you may want to check out. Also the search feature can answer most any Bronco, yam, or squirrel related question you can come up with.

·
Administrator
22,849 Posts
4 inch will clear...but 6 inch is much nicer...not hard to do but time consuming...(lots of rivets to grind off) I actually did mine by myself in a weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arrrrgh! Ole ScourgeOf7seas thanks you and considers himself indebted to ye fur a sip of grog and a hearty Pirate shanty.

In the meantime... I'll be checkin' out those stickys.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
ScourgeOf7seas said:
Arrrrgh! Ole ScourgeOf7seas thanks you and considers himself indebted to ye fur a sip of grog and a hearty Pirate shanty.
FYI-:twak

Arrrrgh = The death gurggle sound.

Arrrrrrr = Pirate

----

Go with 6. I had 4" and 35's and the front tires still got chewed up by the inside of the fender. I raised it to 6" and now the front only rub when I nose it down hard. (But they still rub.)

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Come on man, cut him some slack! You're all just jealous the guy has a little "personality" :twak

:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

Careful cap'n, your about to end up with a mutiny on your hands and may be forced to walk the FSB plank! :rofl:

EDIT: btw, go six inch suspension lift and don't look back. just be careful not to capsize on the sharp curvies ;)

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
He's from North Carolina......wasn't "Goonies" filmed in NC? Maybe this is Chunk dressed up as a pirate.

Ironclad, thank you for clarifying the proper noises.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Personaly, I understood him fine. Maybe that comes from many years of participating in "National Talk Like a Pirate Day"

·
Registered
538 Posts
How much does a 6" lift cost in Golden Dubloons?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
arrrrrrgggh, me thinks yee aut to share in theee drugs, me thinks me would better understand thee more thus far if in me be as wasted as thee....AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH.

Years -------------Lift ----Max Tire Size
87-96------------- 0"---------32"
-------------------2"---------33"
-------------------4"---------35"
-------------------6" --------36"
80-86 -------------0"--------32"
-------------------2"--------33"
-------------------3"--------35"
78-79 -------------0"--------33"
-------------------4"--------35"

this is where I found this info

·
Registered
952 Posts
lol you talk funny!!:rockon but its cool;)

by the way

SIGGED!:thumbup

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 4 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift with 35 inch tires. It seems to be just about right. I don't rub even when things are pretty flexed and even with chains on it clears. I have talked to a few guys with a straight 6 inch suspension lift and they sometimes will rub. Good luck. Now where's the captain morgans ?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts