Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Lift Advice Needed, Yes another Noobie Lift Question

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  KLAKEBRONCO 
#1 ·
Sup Guys?
Yes, I did search and Yes I guess I'm feeling to lazy right now to go through over 4000 "results found" from my search...hahaha. Anyway, I want to do either leveling kit or 2.5 inch lift on my stock 95. I need shocks really bad has originals with 229,000 on them. I see that the Rough Country kit comes with shocks, are these shocks and lift gunna give me a stiff ride? The leveling kit is my other option but I understand that longer shocks are needed? I guess what I'm getting at is that I "Need" shocks and "Want" a slight lift, it seems like a better value to get the 2.5 lift with shocks than to get the leveling kit then buy shocks. I guess I'm asking a "what would you do" question for opinions. This is my DD and I don't do any wheeling with it except for bad weather wheeling. It has 31's on it that are practicaly new(came with it)how lame is it going to look with a lift and 31's. Thanks very much for any help. You veterans here have been a hugh help!!!

J

#5 ·
I agree. If the OP is happy with the stock height of his Bronco, doesnt plan on wheeling (cept on road in the winter), doesnt plan on larger tires, and this is a DD, I would freshen up the front end, and buy new shocks and see how it rides. If you still want to lift the front it a bit more, Superlift makes 1/4 inch metal spacers that go under your coil buckets. You can fit 2 under each bucket for a total of 1/2 inch lift for the front. Your stock ride length shocks will work just fine in this situation and the 1/2 inch of lift will level it out pretty well....

i would go with the lift in my opinion.
Why?

#11 ·
Ohhhh, I get it now Larry..haha. You lazy just right now? I thought you Northern Cali's were lazy all the time..lol

#10 ·
Thanks to all for all the info! I'm leaning towards the 2.5 lift and I know the tires would look small. I like the idea of the 33's, I plan on taking some road trips, how would 33's play out on the longevity of my stock 3.55 8.8. I also like the idea of redoing stock suspension, new coils and shocks. Is this the equivilent of a fricken woman cant deciding what to wear??

#13 ·
I like the idea of buying leveling coils and shocks of your choice.

Of course the best 'might' be the R/C lift, but without their shocks. That way you can buy the shocks of your choice.

I'm 'STILL' waiting so maybe I shouldn't even mention it anymore but I bought a set of 78-79 2" lift coils. They are about 10-20lbs lighter than stock and about 2.5" taller so it should be about 2" of lift.
You have to use a modified 78-79 lower coil bucket and retainer.

If you go that route you definately need alignment bushings.

I'm still waiting since they were on back order. When they get here, and IF they are too tall I might see if I can buy just the 2.5 drop brackets from R/C.

Either way I like this option better because the R/C 2.5 springs are likely a good bit stiffer than stock, and I prefer to pick up some Bilstiens for shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.