Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I hope this beautiful summer day finds you all well. I just have to say thanks for all the advice and information I get here. I just installed a new instrument cluster and it eliminated the intermittent "hard shift" and my speedometer works! That and a new oxygen sensor and she is running well.

I highly recommend Dirk at http://performanceautomotive.us/
Knowledgable and awesome to deal with

So here is my next question and yes, I know there is lots of information about lifts on FSB. I couldn't find the answer to this one though.
:thumbup

33" tires on a 1996 EB. If I put a 4" lift on her will I still be able to get her in my garage? Garage door is at 79" Maybe 80" if I get VERY lucky. Bronco is currently at 76". Will a 4" lift actually put her at 80" total? Or does 14 years of use on my fine girl cause sagging that will make a 4" lift result in more than 4 inches of height gain?

Sounds like a strange question I know but I live in Vegas and you can't leave vehicles outside here, it would be too cruel.

Oh, one more, any idea where to get a sending unit? Dirk doesn't have one and it would be nice to have my gas tank work.

Thanks again,
Sexy Sue

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can tell u one thing its going to be real close. i have a 6" with 35's on an 89EB and it just rubs the weather stripping on the garage. My door measures
83" and i have the stop on the auto opener maxed out. If u have an auto opener check the stop swith, i got the door to go up an additional 2" by moving it back to the end of the screwdrive. Just enough to get her in.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Well, I can't really help you as far as how high the lift is concerend...depending on how much weight you have in the truck, it may be low enough. Add 4.5" on to whatever your measurments are off the truck...

If'n you only need to get the truck into the garage temporary to do work, let air out of the tires. enough to get it in an out of the garage. Also, another option is to get a set up cheapo steelies and some tires that hold air, so you can change them to get it into the garage. It'd suck to do it that way, but sometimes you gotta.

KC

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm at 6"/35s and, just like Yel89low, mine just BARELY fits. I have the top off and it was gonna storm so I gave it a shot. Backed in VERY slowly while leaning back watching the top/garage. I literally have about 3/4" clearance between the "cab" and the bottom of the (raised) garage door.

·
Super Moderator
4,877 Posts
From the sound of it, living in Las Vegas, you park it in the garage every night, right? Sounds like you might make it pretty difficult to do that on a regular basis if you go ahead with your lift. If I understand lifts right (which maybe I don't since I haven't installed one yet), the 4" lift will make your vehicle about 4" taller, but then you're also increasing the size of your tires, which will lift you even further, maybe even another inch or so. To cut it that close every day could get tricky.

As for the fuel tank, BroncoGraveYard has senders: http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-95-bronco-fuel-systems.html

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Here's my bronco with about 10" lift and 38s. It fits pretty good. I think I've got about a 78-84" door, it's standard size anyways. I'm 5'10 and I can reach up and grab the top of the door easily.. Thats sitting on about 20PSI of air, give or take.

I don't have a picture of my 93 bronco, but it was 6" lift and 35's and I could drive in and out of the garage no problems at 32 PSI..

You should be good to go. Maybe if someone is on the webboard with your specs bronco, you can talk them into coming over and see if it will fit.? Maybe cost ya a beer or two.. Never know might find a new freind too :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, great advice guys but I still am unclear about whether a lift results in MORE than the specified inches due to age of vehicle. So if I put a 4 inch lift on a 14 year old vehicle, will it lift it MORE THAN 4 inches?
does anyone on FSB have a 96 with 33" tires and a 4" lift? If so, how tall is it?

Thanks again and as much as I believe she is worth a custom built garage......................I am just a poor math teacher.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey! It's another Las Vegas citizen! I definitely understand where you're coming from about the damned heat, I work out at Nellis AFB and it has been about 110 degrees for the past few days... Ive got a 96 as well, and it's stock with 32" BFG's right now and BARELY even fits in my garage, so when I lift mine there is no way it will fit. But I park it outside anyways, and I'm planning to buy a shade tent to put over it when it's parked at my house to at least prevent my fiberglass top from fading any more than it already is. I can't help ya on any exact measurements though!

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
so, great advice guys but I still am unclear about whether a lift results in MORE than the specified inches due to age of vehicle. So if I put a 4 inch lift on a 14 year old vehicle, will it lift it MORE THAN 4 inches?
does anyone on FSB have a 96 with 33" tires and a 4" lift? If so, how tall is it?

Thanks again and as much as I believe she is worth a custom built garage......................I am just a poor math teacher.
My garage is 84" and my Bronco, at it's highest point is 78 1/2" with 35's & a 4" lift. Measure the moulding around the garage opening not the door since sometimes the moulding outside is lower than the actual door when it is open. I always thought a 4" wouldn't fit in a standard garage till I was buying a a part off a guy with a F150 that had a 4" lift & he pulled it in my garage with about 5 or 6" to spare. The "Math" (sorry bad joke) doesn't always add up (damn did it again) Good luck & just find someone local with a 96 with 33's & a 4" and just try it out. It should be fine....-Kevin-:thumbup

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's going to depend on a couple of things, if I'm thinking about it right. If you are lifting the rear with blocks only then your lift will be in the amount of the blocks only in the rear. The front springs (and if you replace rear leafs or add-a-leaf) are going to be pretty difficult to tell, it just depends how much sag you have now.. Then they will settle a bit the first few months so if you are a little bit over you may squeak by.

I am willing to bet that two Broncos with the same lift and tires sitting next to each other will not be the same height.

If it's going to be that close maybe you should keep it to a 2 inch lift.

·
Premium Member
1991 Ford Bronco, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
376 Posts
I have a 91 Bronco with a 4" lift and 33s. The lift has settled 4" Superlift springs in front and a set of Rough Country 4" lift springs in the rear. The rear springs are actually 2" overstock. The highest point on my Bronco sits about 78 1/2 - 79" high. The rear might settle a little more but the front coils springs were used so they wont settle any more. I would say you would probably hit your door without airing down.

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
I wish mine would fit in the garage but my house was built in 1968 when they didn't build garages very tall or wide.
My old single car garage was like that. Even if I could get the Bronco in, cutting off a foot of the roof, there's no way I could open either door. I'd have to jump out the window....:goodfinge

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 95 Bronco with 6 inch lift and 3 inch body lift. I cant fit it in my garage. It's damn close, but an 1-2 too tall. It's weird but my bronco is only a few inches taller than my stock 2010 F-150. Good luck!

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
ok, here ya go.. I measured the bottom of my body on my new 94 bronco...Measured in at 27.5" give or take .5". It has 6" lift springs(4.5" Lift) and shackle Flip (4.5") and 38" tires(Measure 36.5").. It raised the body 7", ya the math doesn't work out right, but thats what I measured :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have 96 eddie w/6in lift on 35s I sit 81.5 in tall. with just lift Id say to close to call without tryin add tires and Id say thats a negative

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, this is what I was expecting. Well gentlemen, I hate to admit it but I have decided not to take her on a long road trip this summer so thoughts of a lift are put away until August. I bought a 2001 Astro van to abuse for the summer and keep my baby in her garage.

Once again my thanks to all of you who share your advice and expertise. I purchased my first Bronco in November and it has been a labor of love ever since. See you in August when my questions will be the lift and the leaking main seal

·
Registered
105 Posts
plus if its too close and you are in a hurry, driving into the garage too fast if there is a little lip in the ground could pop you up just enough to scrape your roof or garage opening. mine fits nicely with a 3 inch lift and 32s. now as far as working on it with the room around the sides of it between the other car...
:duh

·
Registered
413 Posts
the sending unit can be found at most local parts stores.. 80 bucks with out the pump 110 with.. mine s got 33 and a 3 in body lift and i can remove anything thiker then 1 inch from the top with the garage door. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts