Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 89 all black bronco, its in damn good shape but its wayyyy low(stock) . i had trouble climbing a snow pile and that killed me a little inside. so, i want to know what size lift i should go with. i have another 89 for the trails that im building, so i dont need somthing too big, deff. under 6 inch, im thinking 4 inch, but i want it high enough for some moderate wheelin, but low enough so that people can get in, and reasonable enough that ill be alowed to put it on, still in high school, my mom says no lift, but i could probably get her to budge if its not too high, but the lift cant be a block kit, and it needs to have drop down brackets for the split beam front suspension. so if you have one for sale, or just give me some direction, 3-4 inch i think i could do, but like i said, not tooo high. i have another one for the high stuff. thanks

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
you read the tire and lift sticky right?
id go with a 4" if you dont want it too big.
or just body lift it 3". thats cheap, and youll be taller...but not TOO tall.
go into the parts/accesories forum and post a thread, people are allways selling their 4" lifts to make room for the 6"/SAS.
ace

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
here is some ideas

stock on 31s

4" lift on 31s

as it sits now 4" with 36s

you will be happy with a 4" kit. Plus you can get a Rough Country kit with the Sky shackle kit for the rear for about 750

·
Registered
745 Posts
SrATEX said:
here is some ideas

as it sits now 4" with 36s

you will be happy with a 4" kit. Plus you can get a Rough Country kit with the Sky shackle kit for the rear for about 750
you cut your fenders to fit 36's right?
and what gears you runnin?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
85bronc said:
you cut your fenders to fit 36's right?
and what gears you runnin?
Yea he did, you can see it in the pics. You can fit 35's under a 4" lift with some shimming. Is this truck going to be a pavement princess or a utility truck?

I would go with a 4" and squeeze the 35" tires under it, they will rub at full lock and if you flex alot.

I run 31" tires with a bone stock suspension on mine and i haven't met a snowpile i can't climb. It's all in your approach.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i think it also depends on the width of the tires... i have 33x10.50's on my stock height 96 and i only had to trim the front bumper and it doesnt rub at all full lock....MAYBE under shock flex..... i figure i could run 35's and still no rub on a 4 inch lift... maybe if you had 12.50's at full lock but i know you can get 35's in 10.50 as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts