Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
4-600 and a "good" kit don't really go together for TTB. Look at spending at least 750 or so to get extended radius arms, good drop brackets, and rear leaf springs. If you want a "decent" kit, you can pick them up for about $500 all day long.

As for lift and fit, my 85 fits 35's with no trimming on 4" of lift. Only time a tire contacted the body was when a body mount blew out and dropped the rear of the passengers fender well onto the tire. Even then there was barely any contact.

Justin

·
Registered
145 Posts
where can i get some rear leafs, extended radius arms, some good drop brackets for around 750 then??

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Superlift, good kit, but shitty springs (if you're looking for flex). If you just want lift and big tires, they're great. Full 6" kit is about 725, if you want better springs plan another 120 or so.

EDIT: and that's also for a rear block lift, not springs.

Justin

·
Southwest Chapter
339 Posts
Question

Ok after reading the write up i understand a little better, im buying a 6" skyjacker lift and so i need to get a dropped pitarm and i need extended brake lines, but do i need extranded raduis arms??? there is two different ones avaible This one Without radius arms and this one with radius arms

My question do i need extended raduis arms or can sucesfully reduce my bronco without them, whats the advatages of having them and waht dont i get if i dont ahve them?? thx

one more thing whats the diff between SYS BOX, 6" 80-96 BRONCO and SYS BOX,6" 80-96 BRONCO CLA ????????? thx

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
where is a good place to buy a 4in lift with xtended radius arms and not blocks for the rear

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
where to buy lift kits that dnt have blocks?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm looking for a kit for my bud's '88. After narrowly escaping a bait-and-switch by a crooked place here in Fresno, I thought I might look online to give him some options.

I'd like to hear opinions to the radius arms vs. drop brackets discussion

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 96 EB Bronco with the stock Aluminum Wheels. I think they are 15x7 or 15x8. My Pep Boys bought Futura Adventurer 265/75 have about 25K miles on them. New springs and shocks picked the truck up about an inch or two. The truck is still stock but it sits higher than before making the wheels look smaller. I was looking to upgrade the tires to 32 or 33 inch tires to take advantage of the increased ride height.
WHATS THE BEST TIRE I CAN USE? Are there problems using 32/33 x 11.5?

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
xmeinherzbrennt said:
where to buy lift kits that dnt have blocks?
rear lift springs are quite pricy, several posts about these right now..most are saying 300-500 for the rear lift without blocks..kinda pricy in my book

I did an f250 bracket shackle flip..netted around 5" of lift..search for shackle flip, MUCH cheaper (130 or so if you go NEW brackets from skymanufacturing, and even cheaper if you go junkyarding for stock brackets to do the rear)

stevp1 said:
I'm looking for a kit for my bud's '88. After narrowly escaping a bait-and-switch by a crooked place here in Fresno, I thought I might look online to give him some options.

I'd like to hear opinions to the radius arms vs. drop brackets discussion
Online...ebay is a decent place, BEST place to buy is right here, alot of people will sell their used kits on here, normally one at least every week or 2....best bang for your buck right there, can get a stage2 kit for 500 bucks from much better stuff than a 500 dollar new, stage 1 kit

Increased flex is possible with the extended arms..you're only going to get so much flex out of the same bushing..look at it this way, slice of pizza is your arc, now lay it setting in front of you left to right, small to big. Got it? flat end of the pizza to your right. Now...thats how much flex you have with an extended arm..now decrease your arm length by half...so cut it in half verticaly. I think this is a good way to describe it..you get a longer "arc" with the longer arm.

I thought some kits (procomp comes to mind) used a stock rad. arm bracket, but used an extended arm..while others make their own beefy brackets, as well as extended arms, BDS, Cepek, skyjacker, etc.

if you plan on doing anything "hardcore" with it..get the stage 2 and you wont regret it, i know i've been impressed with the flex i've gotten out of my stage 2, as well as beefyness of the components

ernie said:
I was looking to upgrade the tires to 32 or 33 inch tires to take advantage of the increased ride height.
WHATS THE BEST TIRE I CAN USE? Are there problems using 32/33 x 11.5?
Best tire..are you talking about brand or size? search for brand..it's been brought up alot, BFG MT's, goodyear MTR's are a good compromise between street/offroad... NO problems running 32/33x11.5's, alot run that size, not a big issue. you MAY need to space out the front bumper, it just depends on the tire size, your suspension hight right now, etc, thats another thing that's been discussed, check out my superford account and my "33 MT" section, those were 33x12.5's on stock steel rims

hope that answered your questions :thumbup

·
Registered
20 Posts
16" wheels

OK guys I searched and searched to no avail.

I use my rig for icefishing, and tall skinny tires rock out on the ice. :rockon
I want to use 235/85-16 tire like on my Father's 84 3/4 ton chevy.

So... is there a 16" wheel out there that fits my 5 bolt hubs on my 87 Bronco?

BTW, If there is, I'm in the market for them (Minnesota)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
hmm my 91 5.0L has had the speedo buried several times when it was bone stock...i dont know why you are topping out at 72 mph...ive been well over 85...ive added some performance now...i dont know how fast it goes...but i can get there faster.,...and you are gonna be screamin at 95 mph lol!!!by by gas

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
DcSkater602 said:
hmm my 91 5.0L has had the speedo buried several times when it was bone stock...i dont know why you are topping out at 72 mph...ive been well over 85...ive added some performance now...i dont know how fast it goes...but i can get there faster.,...and you are gonna be screamin at 95 mph lol!!!by by gas

They are probably topping out lower becuase of gearing/tire size..it makes a huge differece......

I wouldnt want to be a stock FSB doing 100..let alone in a lifted one, or even one with bigger tires...without an 8point rollcage that is :shocked

·
Registered
802 Posts
Tire fitment is a bit hard to judge, not all Bronco's are created equal. I'm running 34/15.5/15 Super Swamper LTBs on factory 15X7 Steelies with no lift on my 88. They don't touch the body anywhere and only rub on the radius arms at full lock. Strangely though, my 83 barely fit 32s in stock trim. I had to cut the fenders on it to make anything larger fit without a lift. And that was before I ruined the springs :toothless

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im getting a 92 bronco w/ a 6" skyjacker kit w/ the extended radius arms, not the dropped version, and the superrunner steering kit, it's also got full rear leaf packs, not blocks or add-a-leafs. Is this a good setup? I've heard the ttb doesn't flex, but will this flex a bit? Im not expecting the kind of flex I get with my 72, or that I did with my TJ(yech, but good flex) but I don't want it to be super stiff either

21 - 40 of 719 Posts