Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

661 - 680 of 693 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Thank you, that makes sense, I guess I will wait and see how it turns out and then add if I need to relocate the rear axle. I assume that with the 4" front Cut N Turn and shackle flip in the back that I will be close on height.
I am incredibly interested to hear how this goes. I may never get to a lift but this combination is my lift kit fantasy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is a question guys I just lifted my 90 bronco 2 inches front n back I used cnc billet spacers in the front n back and It for some reason looks like I lifted it 4 for some odd reason
I am thinking about doing a 6 inch lift in total but the truck came with a plow that I plan to use and I think it would stupid to try n plow with that big a lift in the winter time so my plan is to do a two part lift leaving my current 2 inch n to buy a 4 inc springs and leaf springs or the add a leaf spring spacers or get my friends at a leaf spring place to make something, and I will buy 6 inch lift struts n pitman arm n such, does this sound like a good plan or is this stupid. Also the truck has the quick lift spring air bags on the front the ones that go inside the springs they r not being used at the moment. Thanks for ur input.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,888 Posts
I am thinking about doing a 6 inch lift in total but the truck came with a plow that I plan to use and I think it would stupid to try n plow with that big a lift in the winter time...
open mouth, insert foot :doh0715:
Ready for snow, this thing looks down right silly with 37's on it...

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,872 Posts
Hey! Did somebody just call me stupid? ;) Oh wait, can't be, I'm more in the 8"+ lift range. Good thing I plow with my "little" tires. :duh

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,872 Posts
@spartan , it can be done, and I've done it many times and for many years with a lot of different Broncos. I had 38's and a ton of lift on my 74 and plowed with that. There are some things that do need to be done if you want things to work correctly and not break. Take a look at MY BUILD THREAD as a lot of the stuff discussed is there and feel free to post or PM me if I can help you out. There's pics there of my lowered plow mount, zero rate blocks, shackle flip, etc... I ran out of time, and money, but this summer I plan on doing a cut-n-turn and going up another 2" in the front to get her level. Also, the air bags are a must for when you throw on the plow so it doesn't squat. Good luck and build what makes YOU happy. :thumbup

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,872 Posts
@spartan , I've tried twice to send you an Email but it won't go through and It says you can't or chose not to receive PM's... :shrug

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've sat here for hours and read just about every post. there's some great Info in this sticky, But I didn't see any Mention of James Duffy Products, His shop is right down the road from me and His stuff looks like Great Quality Products. My 94 Bronco XLT is my first FSB. I've had a few other Early Broncos, and Ford 150's, with 4", 6" and 8" lifts. All of these trucks were Rigid Axle trucks, not TTB's. So here's my Question: I'm wanting to run a P-78x 16 on my Bronco the actual size is 9.50"x 33" X 16" on a 16x8 wheel. the tire is a Bias ply Deep Grooved Mud tire. I ran these years ago, on a couple of my old trucks, and loved them. My Bronco is at stock sagging ride Height. 276,000 miles. Should I go ahead and do a 4" lift, or do you think a Leveling kit will get me by. Everything on has been rebuilt except for the Springs, I'm in the process of Changing out the gearing in both axles from 3L.55's to 4.10's. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
One more Question, Anyone on here run Mud Claw Extreme tires? How do you like them? I'm thinking about a set for my 01 Ranger Edge Daily Driver. 245-75 -r16's

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,888 Posts
You should be able to get by with leveling coils. I'm going to drop mine from 6" to 4" and run my 33's but I like the look and that little extra clearance. In the end... it's up to you and your wallet. :toothless

somebody else will have to chime in on the rest. :shrug

·
Registered
126 Posts
You should be able to get by with leveling coils. I'm going to drop mine from 6" to 4" and run my 33's but I like the look and that little extra clearance. In the end... it's up to you and your wallet. :toothless

somebody else will have to chime in on the rest. :shrug
Thanks The Wallet is pretty thin right now.... The Bronco has been on Hold for a while now. But I've been gathering parts !! :) I hope to have it ready by the end of summer.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,999 Posts
You may be just fine with no lift for the p78s since they are so narrow. But with the sagging, maybe not.

I dig it, but why the old school sized tire? Just for the narrow aspect? What tire are you looking at? SuperSwamper offers a 34x9x16 narrow swamper, and in fact they still sell the original 1968 style swamper in original sizes, by custom order. They are an L78-16 though.

I have 7.00-15 co-op grip spurs (now gateway gumbo mudders) on my stock 78 and although they are like 29" tall, there is tons of room.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You may be just fine with no lift for the p78s since they are so narrow. But with the sagging, maybe not.

I dig it, but why the old school sized tire? Just for the narrow aspect? What tire are you looking at? SuperSwamper offers a 34x9x16 narrow swamper, and in fact they still sell the original 1968 style swamper in original sizes, by custom order. They are an L78-16 though.

I have 7.00-15 co-op grip spurs (now gateway gumbo mudders) on my stock 78 and although they are like 29" tall, there is tons of room.
The tire I'm looking at is the Replacement for the Grip Spur/Buckshot Mudder. I wanted them in 15" rim size but they don't do the P-78, in 15". I don't want Overly Tall tire, or a overly wide tire. I like a 71/2" to 8" wide rim, so a 10.5 to 12" wide tire is pushing the envelope. I've had better luck, at the places I use my trucks, with a tall narrow tire, with lots of lug. Back in the day we ran a Q-78 on my 79 F150, it was about 10 wide, 35" tall. I ran P's on my 73 Bronco. I never was stuck with either truck. But the tires we ran were Regul Track -N-Blazers. it was more of a Military Tread tire. those haven't been in Production since the Late 80's early 90's.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I just found a set of Q-78 x 15".
SAM-52 Q78- 15LT - 35.5" X 10" X 15
http://www.intercotire.com/tire/115

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,999 Posts
Check out the sizes on these two swampers as well. Both have a tall skinny size, but they aren't a 78 series tire.

| Interco Tire

| Interco Tire

·
Addicted to Junk
11,999 Posts
I've had a great experience with both sets of swampers I've owned. Quieter than Goodyear MTRs, and way more traction. They last well, and look aggressive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine had some problems with overheating but he moved the fan around until it idled at the normal temp , he hasn't seen any drawbacks in the last 3 months

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys I have been searching different sites and threads and have seen a lot of information. Yet it all goes with other application. I just got a cease and desist order from my township so I gotta get her going ASAP. I was waiting for my superlift block kit, springs, and u bolts, which won't be here til turesday. I have to have her back together by Monday or risk getting a 500 dollar fine. So what I was wondering is can I put a 2 inch block on my stock truck without changing anything. I found a cheap kit at AutoZone for like 50 bucks. Everything I ordered is still stock. The only worry I have is do I have to change anything when going from the one inch stock plate, shim to a two inch block. It sounds stupid but after all the money I've put into this rear I don't want to risk it. I've done the brakes, completely rebuilt, the axle seals and bearings. The entire brake lines, the leaf kit bushings, and the diff cover along with new fluid and such. Thanks guys for any help.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2.5inch rough country lift and im running 35x12.5 tires on an 8 inch wide rim. I just rub a tiny bit on the radius arms, works great though!

661 - 680 of 693 Posts