Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

681 - 693 of 693 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Another issue is whether to get radius arm drop brackets or to get extended radius arms. Extended radius arms can increase flex and offer better ground clearance, but also cost much more. Extended radius arms are also much stronger. Drop down brackets use the stock radius arms and do not offer as much flex or strength or ground clearance but are also much cheaper.
Are the radius arms included in kits from ProComp and Rough Country, etc., going to be extended radius arms? They don't seem to be indicated as such.
Like this kit:

https://skyjacker.com/shop/suspension-lift-kit/284bks-ah/#configuration

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,810 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Thanks. The word "extended" isn't mentioned so I wasn't totally sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been off the Forum for awhile so I dont kno if this question was asked as of yet. I have an '85 Bronco XLT, I'm looking to install a Rough Country 6" lift and a set of 35x12.50x 15's. Do I need to get a drop bracket for the transfer case? I'm getting the leaf springs for the rear end instead of the blocks if that matters. Thanks for any advice

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,872 Posts
Been off the Forum for awhile so I dont kno if this question was asked as of yet. I have an '85 Bronco XLT, I'm looking to install a Rough Country 6" lift and a set of 35x12.50x 15's. Do I need to get a drop bracket for the transfer case? I'm getting the leaf springs for the rear end instead of the blocks if that matters. Thanks for any advice
You can change over to an early transmission mount, like from a '68 Mustang; they aren't as tall, so they lower the T-case and give you a better driveshaft angle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anybody know if I can convert my Rancho 4" lift to a 6" with new springs? I am 90% certain my drop brackets had 2 holes, but I also know rancho didnt make a 6" kit. If not does anyone have the dimension from their 6" lift drop bracket holes to the crossmember that I could use as a quick check?

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,872 Posts
I believe you can swap out the front springs and lower the pivot holes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are the radius arms included in kits from ProComp and Rough Country, etc., going to be extended radius arms? They don't seem to be indicated as such.
Like this kit:

284BKS-AH - 4 in. Suspension Lift System with Hydro Shocks - Skyjacker Suspensions
CZ,

Did you end up going with this setup? I'm looking at the same kit and trying to decide if it's what I'm looking for. I want a kit that covers pretty much everything and this seems to do that, including the steering stabilizer kit. If anyone has experience with it, love to hear it and might be good info for this thread anyway.

·
Registered
645 Posts
CZ,

Did you end up going with this setup? I'm looking at the same kit and trying to decide if it's what I'm looking for. I want a kit that covers pretty much everything and this seems to do that, including the steering stabilizer kit. If anyone has experience with it, love to hear it and might be good info for this thread anyway.
I won't be doing any suspension mods until next year I think.

·
Registered
588 Posts
What’s the general cost to remove the body lift and return to stock? Thanks
I just took mine off while I had some time. It's basically a pain in the arse. And that was with me being able to salvage every body mount hardware in all ten spots. A puller made from a 3-4" long piece of 3.5" OD exhaust tubing and a bar/2x4 is a necessity for the mounts under the front passengers' feet. It's a lot of beating to separate the mounts, a lot of cleanup of the mounts and mounting surfaces to prep for new bushings (including cutting off the "flared" portion of the lower mount), and jacking the body up and down to remove and reinstall the new bushings. Keep in mind, if you reuse the body bushings, you just have to remove the bolts, remove the body spacers, and put shorter bolts back in. It would be much less work than replacing the actual bushings.

And I didn't even mention that other work - gas filler neck, steering shaft, trans linkage (I have an auto), and radiator/fan shroud re-fitment. I'm still working on every one of those items. Note I didn't have transfer case linkage because the PO just cut the tunnel to accommodate the body lift. But now it looks like crap.

All that said, it looks better without the huge gaps between the body and frame and bumpers.

And, in my infinite geniusness, I am going to eventually slap a 6" suspension lift on it and stuff some 35's under it.

This is a handy page for information on the mounts:

Body lift on

Body lift off

681 - 693 of 693 Posts