Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

681 - 685 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Another issue is whether to get radius arm drop brackets or to get extended radius arms. Extended radius arms can increase flex and offer better ground clearance, but also cost much more. Extended radius arms are also much stronger. Drop down brackets use the stock radius arms and do not offer as much flex or strength or ground clearance but are also much cheaper.
Are the radius arms included in kits from ProComp and Rough Country, etc., going to be extended radius arms? They don't seem to be indicated as such.
Like this kit:

https://skyjacker.com/shop/suspension-lift-kit/284bks-ah/#configuration

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,688 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks. The word "extended" isn't mentioned so I wasn't totally sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been off the Forum for awhile so I dont kno if this question was asked as of yet. I have an '85 Bronco XLT, I'm looking to install a Rough Country 6" lift and a set of 35x12.50x 15's. Do I need to get a drop bracket for the transfer case? I'm getting the leaf springs for the rear end instead of the blocks if that matters. Thanks for any advice

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,246 Posts
Been off the Forum for awhile so I dont kno if this question was asked as of yet. I have an '85 Bronco XLT, I'm looking to install a Rough Country 6" lift and a set of 35x12.50x 15's. Do I need to get a drop bracket for the transfer case? I'm getting the leaf springs for the rear end instead of the blocks if that matters. Thanks for any advice
You can change over to an early transmission mount, like from a '68 Mustang; they aren't as tall, so they lower the T-case and give you a better driveshaft angle.

681 - 685 of 685 Posts