Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

701 - 705 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
353 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm a firm believer in sway bars in road cars/trucks so got confused when I read most remove them. @BikerPepe` I'd be able to climb a 6" lifted Bronc today...BUT...thinking about the "future". Don't know how long "my" suspension is gonna hold up. Built 1961 ☺

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,075 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm a firm believer in sway bars in road cars/trucks so got confused when I read most remove them. @BikerPepe` I'd be able to climb a 6" lifted Bronc today...BUT...thinking about the "future". Don't know how long "my" suspension is gonna hold up. Built 1961 ☺

I was built in 1960, and I have slightly more than 6" lift, good thing I'm tall....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 33's sittin on a 1" BL... but the previous owner did that. Also, anyone know what might be the problem with the speedometer dancing?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,730 Posts
I have 33's sittin on a 1" BL... but the previous owner did that. Also, anyone know what might be the problem with the speedometer dancing?
What year of bronco? That matters in this as some speedometers are electric and some are cable driven.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
1990 5.0 XLT, E40D
9 Posts
My dad had a 4" Rough Country lift put on my 90 Bronco with 35x12.5x15 BFG A/T (KO not KO2) abo 2 years ago. Unfortunately he didn't discuss lift product with me before doing it. He just passed it back to me since he has back issues and cant drive it anymore. Its on blocks in the rear and no extended radius arms, just the drop down. I am trying to use what i got, this is going to be my off-road/camping rig so want it to be good for abo 4 hour drives on road, but better for off-roading.

The lift and tires have abo 20-30 miles on them tops before it sat in the driveway for 2 years. I get tire rubbing on the radius arms (at full turn), would purchasing extended radius arms help? Also since its Rough Country lift, should i stick with purchasing their leafs or should i go with another brand?

Also seems like the radius arms are abo 500-600 and leafs are abo 300-400. almost a grand for replacements, maybe I'm better off purchasing a whole system and taking out the rough country all together?

Thanks

701 - 705 of 705 Posts