Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my RC 4" lift and got my 35x12.5x15 Baja Claws on the truck.

I took it to the inspection station, and he they started laughing at me!!....

seems i have some issues, first of all they thought it was wayy to high because i have my fenders cut, but it turns out i still have 2" to play with! (28-29) to the bottom of the door

Next, my tires...they stick out 4" past the fenders, so thats a No-no

Lastly was my exhaust, seems it has to exit out behind the rear tires,,,

Stupid Mass Laws, So i ordered some fender flares, and i have to re-make my exhaust again!

But I have to say it looks MEAN....Its all black with black rims....i'll have to take some pics soon.

Also my brother finished my on-board air today, using the stock a/c pump...we'll see how it works.

While i have you, i need to get some info on a shackle flip.

using the stock shackle hangers ( i got some new ones at the junk yard), and some f-150 2" drop shackles, where- roughly should i try and mount the bracket? just trying to find what has worked for you guys.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Lastly was my exhaust, seems it has to exit out behind the rear tires,,,
so does that mean that some of the Ford lightnings are not street legal?;) :wacko

Jason

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
low-1-5-0 said:
so does that mean that some of the Ford lightnings are not street legal?;) :wacko

Jason
THe way the law probably reads is it has to exit from the factory location. On the Bronco behind the rear wheel, lightning is in front of RW. My opinion is fawked up laws, it exits, it has a muffler, it has cats, should be no problem. Turn downs a supposed to be illegal here in FL but I know people that run them and the cops don't mess with em.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
meatbeater said:
You should have run over them.
Yeah those noobs......ahahaha...thats funny.

That is messed up, that they started laughing. Its like they enjoy failing peoples vehicles.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
that's why I love cali, no lame safety inspections.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
v8only said:
that's why I love cali, no lame safety inspections.
Cali is the birthplace of all the lame inspections. Florida=NO ISPECTIONS No smog nothing nada zip. Pay for your tags and slap em on:chili:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
???? only thing we have here is smog, which is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. NO LAME SAFETY INSPECTIONS!!

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
low-1-5-0 said:

Jason

If it's anything like PA is the exhaust has to exit behind the passanger compartment. In front or the rear wheels on a Bronco would fail, but on a pickup it's OK.

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
If it's anything like PA is the exhaust has to exit behind the passanger compartment. In front or the rear wheels on a Bronco would fail, but on a pickup it's OK.
Bingo. Beyond the passenger compartment is typically the requirement. Meaning a side exit exhaust would suffice, but not exiting directly underneath the vehicle. So dumps are a legal no-no, but side exit is fine (like Lightnings or '97 F-150s).

Tommy

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know in that when I had my inspection in Hawaii years back, beyond the pass. comp. meant it the exhuast had to go past the rear wheels and to the side or completely out the back.

So if your bronco has any holes in the floor pan it's not a good idea to drop exhuast under the vehicle, that sucks believe me. I had to do some quick fixing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts