Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does everyones fit so different? i have a 4inch susp and 35x12.50's on my 91 no issues at all fitting them. i dont have a body lift and i didnt do any trimming, but my buddy has a 93 with a 4 inch and a 3 inch body and all he can fit is 36's without trimming the bumper. ive just been looking thru pics of my year range bronco and noticed some ppl are fitting 35's on their 6" lifts about the same as i am on the 4 just thought it was weird.

·
Registered
621 Posts
i have that same deal, my sister has an 89 stock with 33's no problem my dad's 92 we had to tweek his bumper for 33's my 93 will need trimming for the 35's i want on it. a guy at work has a 94 f-150 4 inch and 35's fit easily. i have no idea why that is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Some lifts end up being a less then what there supposed to be, a 6" lift may only give you 5, also many tires are truly different diameters then what the size the say they are but are usually within a half inch, I know 39" MT Baja Belted actually run at 38"

·
Registered
55 Posts
like lftdbronco said, tire diameters vary, some are worse than others. Also has to do with wheel size and backspacing. Too many variables to say what the real issue is with fitment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just to follow up with other people are different companys tire sizes. My buddy has a 72' K-5 Blazer with SS Boggers 37x13x16 the tire height is 35 5/8" with weight on wheels. I also have 37x13x16 SS Boggers not on my 79' F-150 yet but tire height is 36"s.
I believe that is also true susp. lifts , I saw a lift mini booklet out of one of the 4x4 mags that compared different companies lift kits and tire fitments for those lifts on various vehicles. One 4" lift would only fit 33" while another 4" lift would fit 36". Remember that most companies specs. are for stock vehicles, lift will vary with add-ons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts