Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the proper area for this question..so if not, ill move it.

i noticed yesterday when i got all the tires back on the truck, that after 2 years of that lift being on my truck my coils are starting to sag pretty good.

ive been planning to get the money over the next couple pay checks to get a new set of 4" lift leaves to get rid of my blocks, (which ill have a 2 1/2" AAL and 1 1/2" blocks never been used before up for sale).

Now ive been thinking while doing that, maybe replacing my 4" RC coils with something that are a little more flexy and take my sag away. Something that wont break the bank.

So my question is, what is a good set of lift coils to go with. I am sticking with a 4" lift, would like drurability and affordability along with a bit better flex. (Rough Country's coils are fairly stiff).

any opinions

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I am not really sure what coils to go with but just some food for thought. I wouldn't go too soft on the springs, remember that your new tires and wheels weigh just over 100lbs each. Get coils that are too soft and your center ujoint might bind at full droop. I have procomp springs and I am pretty happy with them. They havn't drooped at all. Due to my dual batt setup and winch, I ordered the coils for an extended cab F-150 for extra support. I thought the springs would settle but...nope. It's been a year, time to get some alignment cams. Good luck with your search.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
My leveling coils from Rancho have no sagged one bit in the 2 years they have been on the truck.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input.

Ive been very happy with the Rough Country, however after that bumper went on is when the sag started, cant imagine what it will do when the winch and dual battaries goes in. I like that idea wasAcop. might help a lot

and IMHO skyjacker aint worth the money they want...too damn expensive.

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
If ya put a winch and dual bats in the picture,I'd do it BEFORE you change the springs.Then you can measure it all up and take into account a slight coil settling and get the right stuff the first time and be happy.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you want something flexy then get the extreme coils from JBG. They say they are 5.5" lift, but I think I got more like 4.5"-5" of lift. From what I've seen on my rig the last couple days if you have 10" travel shocks and extended RAs you'll be very impressed with the TTB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts