Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 bronco with what I believe is a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body lift that was that way when I bought it. I plan on removing the body lift.

The suspension lift includes a drop track bar bracket, drop pitman arm, drop radius arm brackets, coils, and looks like an add a leaf and block kit and maybe leafs? I'm trying to I.D. the lift. I think it is a skyjacker because the shocks are skyjacker silver nitros. The block in the leaf seems kind of ghetto and was wondering if anyone know if it is skyjacker or not?

Anyway I plan on replacing the rear setup with full leafs and no blocks. Also I want to get the extended brake line in rear as well. I was thinking of going with skyjacker fr252s softride leaf springs.

questions
What lift is this?
What is wrong with the block if anything?
Which leaf springs should I go with?
Which rear extended brake line to go with?
What size lift is this?
part numbers and where to buy would be cool too:thumbup

thanks sam

Here are some pics:(bigger pics at my supermotors page)http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=8876&s=31676#content

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
sampsin said:
I ... was wondering if anyone know if it is skyjacker or not?
Other than for personal curiosity, does it really matter?
questions
What lift is this?
Again ...
What is wrong with the block if anything?
as short as that block is, nothing
Which leaf springs should I go with?
That's going to depend on what you're wanting from the lift springs - ride quality, load carrying capability, offroad-ability ...
Which rear extended brake line to go with?
Your choices are limited, so it really doesn't matter, as long as it states that it's DOT-legal
What size lift is this?
Not a clue
part numbers and where to buy would be cool too:thumbup
That's where you start doing your own homework. There are as many different answers, as questions you've just asked, so it's going to be very difficult to make your decisions for you

·
Registered
268 Posts
after seein your bronco and mine next to eachother i think that it is a 4 inch lift. there is a place up off i-70 and vasquez that is a spring shop i think its called midwest spring, their number is303-296-1515. i used to deal with them alot at my old job and they seem to have decent prices, they can make any spring at any length and rate and all that stuff.

not to highjack but when are we going to finish your rear quarters???

·
Registered
106 Posts
try NTW for extended brake line and new leaf springs, sounds like you have all the rest of the parts you would need unless you wanted new coils and shocks. (NTW) National Tire & Wheel any 4x4 mag has an ad for them.
(800) 847-3287

Not sure why you want to know which leafs those are if you are going to change them anyways. That will would be kind of hard to guess to many companies out there.

my 0.02

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys..

I have slowly been fixing this bronco as daily driver/weekend warrior and have yet to do anything to the axles/suspension. I was just curious on the lift. Took a picture of the rear springs to show the block setup and add a leaf. Just thought the block looked kind of funky. Eventually I want to install a locker and want to get rid of the weaknesses.
thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Im in the process of looking for a lift myself Sampsin, I've always heard that blocks are a big no-no, but in your case it doesn't look too bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts