Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i know theres porb a thread here already about this and well i searched and couldnt find what im looking for. i plan on adding a winch and plate bumper to the front. so i figured id need a leveling kit. so i figured while im at it why not lift the back 2 in with a shackle flip or aal and raise the front 4in. i dont want to lift it too much becuase i have 33's now and a 3in body lift and i cant afford new tires. any ideas on some one who makes a conservative shackle flip kit?

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
metal1313 said:
ok so i know theres porb a thread here already about this and well i searched and couldnt find what im looking for. i plan on adding a winch and plate bumper to the front. so i figured id need a leveling kit. so i figured while im at it why not lift the back 2 in with a shackle flip or aal and raise the front 4in. i dont want to lift it too much becuase i have 33's now and a 3in body lift and i cant afford new tires. any ideas on some one who makes a conservative shackle flip kit?
Sky manufacturing, $115 or so.

Or a set of f-250 front spring hangars $30 at your local junk yard.:thumbup

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I would just do the leveling kit and maybe an AAL in the back.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its my dd so i dont wanna lift it much more and i dont have the money for a full kit. finding decent bronco parts in nj has been harder and more expensive than it should have been. that and a brand new trans have set me pay a little

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
What makes you think you need a leveling kit? A winch is such a low percentage of the vehicle weight that's it's pretty much irrelevant. My 12k with 125 feet of 3/8 wire rope doesn't settle the suspension at all. I suspect the reason your search didn't find any info is because no one else has had to do anything about it.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Larston said:
What makes you think you need a leveling kit? A winch is such a low percentage of the vehicle weight that's it's pretty much irrelevant. My 12k with 125 feet of 3/8 wire rope doesn't settle the suspension at all. I suspect the reason your search didn't find any info is because no one else has had to do anything about it.
Good point. The only reason I can see for a leveling kit is if there was also a heavy duty winch bumper installed. THAT may settle the suspension some.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the front end of my truck looks low and i want some more front tire clearance with out hacking metal. plus i have a 1/4in plate bumper in the works with a winch to be added

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Start with leveling springs and see how you like the result

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.