Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88, i have the rough country 6inch lift. i have the back lifted and now workin on the front. well i ran into a big problem when i was taking off the nut to the radius arm in the back. it broke right off. i have another radius arm for that side. my question is how do u get the bolt off that holds it on to the axle?? i took off the one for the spring and all that is out of the way, is that just one long bolt down to the bottom?? does it just turn out of there?? is it pressed in?? i am goin crazy with this. :banghead

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS.....I AM IN A BAD SITUATION RIGHT NOW!!!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It's just a bolt on top and another on bottom. You need a DEEP 1 1/8th socket and a big cheater bar for the top. Bottom is 1 1/8th too. When I took mine out it had blue loctite on it and I used a 3/4" drive ratchet and a piece of pipe because my 1/2 breaker bar would just bend.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alrighty thanx...i will try that today....i just needed to know if it did just screw out like i thought it did....thanx

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
I had this happen to me, on both sides... ugh!!! I wound up taking the whole TTB assembly to a Ford dealer to remove those bolts... I didn't have airtoools or 3/4" stuff available to me... only cost me $20 at Ford... but it was a real pain... also, scribe where the old arms are before you remove them... gives you a reference when puttting the new one on...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts