Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im sure there are a billion threads on this topic but here goes. I am gonna start my lift install monday morning, this is the first lift I have ever Installed, are there any little tips you guys have that could help things move along a little easier? BTW its a supelift 6" and super runner steering system.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
southrnpride69 said:
Ok Im sure there are a billion threads on this topic but here goes. I am gonna start my lift install monday morning, this is the first lift I have ever Installed, are there any little tips you guys have that could help things move along a little easier? BTW its a supelift 6" and super runner steering system.
yup, there are

·
Registered
138 Posts
and start soaking the bolts wtih PB blater now. and then everytime you go outside and then when you think about it nad before you go to bed adn again in the middle of the night. Then do it all again the next day and the day after until you actually start the install :rockon

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
the vehicle and the soaking are great suggestions ... LISTEN TO THEM :thumbup

be sure you have beer and alot of patience ... especially if there is any rust ... take your time and do it right :beer

also be sure to check and retighten anything after a few hundred miles

·
That SmackMyB$tchUp Guy
1,011 Posts
Air chisel for those fawking rivets

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
I think we are going to blue wrench them off for mine.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
If you are installing extended radius arms you best have a big coresent, 1 1/8" wrench or very deep 1 1/8" socket. The stud that holds the bottom spring cups and radius arms are on there tight as tight can be. It took me and a buddy pushing and pulling to break them loose. Soak, soak, and more soak it and then hit that nut with a BP hammer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
soak everything in WD-40 then light it on fire. it's cool looking. avoid your gas tank though.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
easy way to get those big bolts on the radius arms: 1 1/8" combo wrench with a piece of pipe on the end. tons of leverage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I welded a 1' piece of 1/2 inch boxed steel to the end of a 3' piece. Looks like a big T. slip the long open end over your ratchet, and act like a lumberjack. You can even get crossthreaded bolts off with ease.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
None2Slow said:
and start soaking the bolts wtih PB blater now. and then everytime you go outside and then when you think about it nad before you go to bed adn again in the middle of the night. Then do it all again the next day and the day after until you actually start the install :rockon
:stupid and the rivets are a PITA ...two words: torch 'em!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts