Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh I need to bleed my brakes and I've never had to personally lift my truck up. I got a 6" (I think) lift and 35" Tires.

Will a 3 or 3.5 ton floor jack do and 3 ton jack stands? The 3.5 ton jacks seem to be quite a bit more expensive than 3 ton ones. I'm on a bit of a limit on my budget as still got bunch of other things I need to fix on this thing. Or would a bottle jack like this do? http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/12-ton-multi-positional-hydraulic-bottle-jack/A-p8158297e

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,083 Posts
If you pick it up from the rear diff about any floor jack should be good enough. I use a 3 ton harbor freight floor jack.... I dislike 3 ton jack stands, I don't even own a pair. All of mine are 6 ton or bigger. I like the wider footprint the higher weight rating stands give you. I am not sure if a 3ton stand will go high enough if you want to put it on the stands to take the tires off, they may work if you pick it up with the jack, take the tires off, then lower it back down onto the stands. I would only use a bottle jack if I had to due do the small footprint they have. I think same setup should work fine in the front

Also on my 92 I can bleed the brakes without taking the wheels and tires off

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you pick it up from the rear diff about any floor jack should be good enough. I use a 3 ton harbor freight floor jack.... I dislike 3 ton jack stands, I don't even own a pair. All of mine are 6 ton or bigger. I like the wider footprint the higher weight rating stands give you. I am not sure if a 3ton stand will go high enough if you want to put it on the stands to take the tires off, they may work if you pick it up with the jack, take the tires off, then lower it back down onto the stands. I would only use a bottle jack if I had to due do the small footprint they have. I think same setup should work fine in the front

Also on my 92 I can bleed the brakes without taking the wheels and tires off

Thanks. Ok looks like I have lots of space under to bleed the rear brakes but will have to lift the fronts. I'll get getting 6ton stands anyways and KMS tools has them on sale https://www.kmstools.com/magnum-heavy-duty-6-ton-jack-stands-18741

1 - 3 of 3 Posts