Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be purchasing this lift on friday as soon as I cash my paycheck, so i had little time to search.

Im getting a 6 inch rough country lift. My question is do I need the extended brake likes or the front sway bay drop-brackets?? or are these just options.

Thanks for the help

I also already have a 3inch body lift and 35s if that makes any difference

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
My 2cents - you don't need the longer brake lines, if you relocate the stock ones, but it's a nice upgrade for the larger tires. IF you plan to keep the sway bars, you will need the drop brackets. Most folks just leave the sway bars off to get more flex with little or no effect on handling. JSM84

·
Registered
82 Posts
6" suspension and 3" body are going to make 35's look small, that's the exact setup I've got, and my 35's look more like 31's. My opinion is the take out the body lift if you can,( I couldn't because of some custom exhaust work and custom crossmembers).

you're going to need the brake lines, If you are going to continue to use the sway bar you're going to need the drop mounts too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I never heard of just taking the sway bars off. It sounds like a great idea. does it effect the ride at all. As long as im not gunna feel like the my driver seat is outside my tires when I take a turn then im fine with it. Plus who doesnt love flex.

As far as 35s looking small. My next purchase is either 38x14.50 or 40x14.50 Thornbirds or MT Baja Claws.

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
baha claws are good tires,

the thornbirds arent so good unless its for strictly off road only, the thornbirds have horrible street traction in the rain and snow...so stopping those things on a rainy day will be like pulling the parking brake

·
Registered
604 Posts
BTW, when i installed my 4" i put the radius arms in the drop brackets before i lifted the axles into the drop axle brackets. Not sure if it will make it much easier, but i really had to work on getting my new bushings into place after the axles were bolted.

LUBRICATE them bolts. I would soak them every day until the kit comes. It will make it that much easier for them bolts to loosen. Maybe not the u bolts for the rear. I just cut those...

My stock pitman arm wouldnt come out with the pickle forks, hammer etc. I did a vertical cut on the top part of the pitman arm to relive some stress.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
josh88ford said:
How do you guys get away with 35's with stock gears? I have a 4" rough country with 33's and im a little hesitant to put on 35's before bigger gears. the 302 works while going up a hill.
I had 3.50 gears with my 35's for awhile, but am now re-geared to 4.56's. BIG difference!!! If your body mount and suspension bushings are good (I replaced all of mine with a master poly kit from Daystar), you should notice little to no effect from removing the anti-sway bars. And I agree that any TSL tire, esp. the Thornbirds. do not like pavement at all. The MT Baja Claw's are great all terrain tires. There's tons of posts on gear ratios and tire size if you search, JSM84
:rockon

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i would get a good lift do not get just a cheap lift. i do not like the tuff or rough country 6 drop ttb mounts they like to break. i like the skyjacker class II mounts.here is the difference.
drivers side (on pass side).

pass side (on drivers side)>

this is where they like to fail

this is only my opinion but if it were to completly fail it might be your life or me and my family.
my current setup. 8"supercab springs/class 2 lift 15"extended arms shackle flip 4"lowering kit and no blocks and a PA3"bodylift on poly mounts. tires are 40"X17"X15"......

mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts