Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrrr.....I am looking all over for the suspension lift that suits me best and i liked some on jeffsbroncograveyard but it was like $1850 so then i was looking in my petersons 4wheel and i came across a skyjacker lift i like as well as a few other brands but they dont have 78-79 bronco lifts posted,would a lift for a 79 f-150 work for my bronco? leafs,coils,the works! i need to know if it will work or if it wont, thanks

ps. anyone reccomend a lift kit 4"-8" that comes with rear leafs and cost under $600 for a 79?:shrug

·
Registered
15 Posts
The lift will be the same for the F-150 and the Bronco, but the rear shocks are different.

·
Project STINKY Superviser
1,153 Posts
BucKinBroNcO said:
Grrrr.....I am looking all over for the suspension lift that suits me best and i liked some on jeffsbroncograveyard but it was like $1850 so then i was looking in my petersons 4wheel and i came across a skyjacker lift i like as well as a few other brands but they dont have 78-79 bronco lifts posted,would a lift for a 79 f-150 work for my bronco? leafs,coils,the works! i need to know if it will work or if it wont, thanks

ps. anyone reccomend a lift kit 4"-8" that comes with rear leafs and cost under $600 for a 79?:shrug
Call skyjacker they will have everything you need for a 79 Bronco, mine is all skyjacker..............

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much did you pay nameless? i like yours alot

·
Project STINKY Superviser
1,153 Posts
Man, as much crap as I bought for my rig I cant remember but I got the 6" system for aroung $600 (dont qoute me) the pitman arm,brake lines, shocks, brackes, bushings, etc was around $500 (again dont quote me) whatever it was it was worth it:toothless

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so did it mount right or did you buy other stuff ect ect? I noticed your rear shackle and it looks different than mine but it mab be because its not rusty:doh: but i think ill look into that but i dont wanna pay much more than 600$.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok then i think thats the next thing ill buy afetr the motor is complete...hopfully a 15yr old can put it in:banghead :duh

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nameless, do you have blocks in the rear? I dont want blocks and i went to the skyjacker site and all the lifts for the bronco are 6"&9"coils and wimpy leafs and blocks for the rear and it dosent look like yours lift is wimpy...

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Do a shackle flip and use the blocks for paper weights at the office. If you need a little extra add some leaves to the rear pack. Or throw a winch on the front and the front springs will sag down to the height of the rear.

Off topic: Are you done rebuilding your 400? I'd like to know your costs and what you did? I'm trying to decide on a rebuild or a long block. I found a place that sells a stock long block 400M for $1085.00 with a 7 year / 70K warranty. I know it's stock but after what it cost me to rebuild and upgrade my 5.0 cheap is good.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my rebuild kit from northern auto parts in Sioux City Iowa, the master rebuild kit from my 400m was $263.99 for the kit that included everything youll need www.northernautoparts.com order a catolog there really good with service. I also have a edelbrock 4brl carb and edelbrock performer intake,headers and a edelbrock cam. after buying all that and replaceing alot of stuff like water pump and alternator it was like $1120? or something but i had my mom take out a loan so im paying it back now and i havent started rebuilding the motor yet i gotta get some things done like get it bored and cleaned and i need my heads back from my friends shop.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill take pics of the rebuild and buildup but i dont think ill be starteing till late november or early december but ill put a write up about it when i start.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont know if id wanna do a shakle flip i think i just want some regular bolt on coils and leafs,ect ect. I still like the jeffsbroncograveyard lift but its spendy and thats somthing i cant do for awhile. I think ill do what nameless did,NAMELESS do you have part numbers or any other info on your lift?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok keep on giving feedback

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
just remember you get what you pay for, most of the time. cheap lifts are cheap for a reason, shocks run 30 bucks and up apiece

1 - 20 of 21 Posts