Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
its the one i bought, it did what i needed it to do. its not a hardcore offroad lift but if your just a non to moderate wheeler its a good deal...comes with an AAL and a 2"block for the rear. dropdown everything up front. and its decently priced.... id give it a thumbs up...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
:stupid You may want something a little more hard core than that.:thumbup

You wheel too hard...

·
Broncoless
1,494 Posts
i actually have that kit in the back of my truck, waiting to be installed. im just waiting on money for tires first. dont mean to thread jack here, but whats so bad about this particular lift?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have this kit on my 89 and I have had no issues. I took it out to this past deer season and went crazy in the pasture. Nothing broke, nothing came loose. Would recommend this to anyone trying to save a few bucks.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
nothing is "bad" with it, but usually there is a reason things are more expensive...the non extended RAs are a big thing...

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
nothing is "bad" with it, but usually there is a reason things are more expensive...the non extended RAs are a big thing...
I wheeled the crap out of my TTB lift without extended arms and did just fine. They are nice to have as they add more down travel, but not required equipment to wheel. If you want a lift and don't have cash for an SAS, a basic TTB lift is plenty capable. I'd just avoid blocks in the rear.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
Thats about the average price for that kit. Better kits can be had, but it aint horrible.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im also getting ext. radius arms,new leaf springs in the back,ox locker for the 8.8, i want this because it has the basics, brake lines,brakets,coils, shocks etc........

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
well im also getting ext. radius arms,new leaf springs in the back,ox locker for the 8.8, i want this because it has the basics, brake lines,brakets,coils, shocks etc........
If you are planning on spending that much, I would get a better kit. Skyjacker or BDS. Not to mention the fact that RC's radius arms are in the lower quality group of options.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I have this kit on my 89 and I have had no issues. I took it out to this past deer season and went crazy in the pasture. Nothing broke, nothing came loose. Would recommend this to anyone trying to save a few bucks.
Going crazy in a pasture, and doing what his pics show him on the rocks are two, completely, 100%, totally different things.

Why don't you give Christ at 4wheelcustoms.com a call and see what he can price together for you. Seems like buying that kit would be a waste for the blocks and addaleaf, and the RA drop down brackets. You could probably find a pretty good deal with 4WC with much better parts too.

Also, I'd ditch the ox locker, they're even way more expensive then an ARB is. I'd get an ARB over an oxlocker, and for 500 bucks less, a full carrier detroit, and for close to 700 less, a nice Aussie. All of them will perform just as well as an Ox, for a lot cheaper. And the plus side of the ARB is, you end up with OBA too, which definitely can come in handy.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
I don't mean to offend anyone, but my advice is do not under any circumstances put a drop bracket lift on a truck you're going to wheel hard (I wouldn't have one at all). They put too much leverage on the frame; give it a nasty hit and you can end up with some pretty decent frame damage. I've seen it first hand, and I've seen it online. IMO, they are in the same class as blocks.

My favorite TTB kits are BDS and Rancho. BDS has the best warranty.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
I don't mean to offend anyone, but my advice is do not under any circumstances put a drop bracket lift on a truck you're going to wheel hard (I wouldn't have one at all). They put too much leverage on the frame; give it a nasty hit and you can end up with some pretty decent frame damage. I've seen it first hand, and I've seen it online. IMO, they are in the same class as blocks.

My favorite TTB kits are BDS and Rancho. BDS has the best warranty.
I agree about the drop brackets. ERAs are the way to go.

BDS and Rancho are both good kits. Since he is wanting 6 Rancho is out though.

·
Registered
904 Posts
i wouldnt buy that. Personally, if i was going to lift my ttb again i would hunt down a used kit with extended radius arms and go from there. Really, the only thing that i would actually want frmo a kit is the TTB drop brackets and the extended radius arms, maby the coils. If you can get that then i would prefer a shackle flip out back, it is better in every way than AALs and blocks.

but hey, id rather just hack the fenders away and use no lift at all.. so i guess im a bit of an extremist.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i think that it isnt AS critical to have extended radius arms out on the pasture slippin around in the mud than for rock climbing i agree 100% with Hopper in the fact that when rock climbing if you hit the drop bracket you could do a good amount of damage to the frame.. so if your mostly rock climbing and on a budget i say go with what SMurray said.... except for the hacking part

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just order the lift and fab some extended radius arms out of your stock ones,that's what I'm doing while i rebuild my transmission too.Should work pretty well,but I'm gonna beef the shit outta them and make them stronger than any aftermarket one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts