Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a dick cepek 6 inch kit for my 1992 and was wondering how long you think it will take to put on.All my factory brackets are bolted on so no rivets to torch out.Thanks Guys:rockon

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Double or triple the install time indicated in your instructions when working on the driveway. Driveway time is always more than shop time. I finished mine last summer and the problem was drilling out the rivets for the TTB drop down brackets, not the extended radius arm brackets. Well good luck and let me know if you need help

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have about 15 hours in mine. I did it over 2 weeks though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None of my factory parts are riveted on for what ever reason all my stock kit is bolted.im hoping to unbolt and rebolt the new kit on with no hassle.I bought the kit used from a local guy but he didnt have hardware cause he used it on a new kit Hopefully all my bolts will work without buying a hardware kit.Hours wise how lng you think? Thanks:goodfinge

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Install time is hard to gauge with out looking at the project. When working on older vehicles something will always go wrong. I would buy new hardware to be on the safe side, $20 in bolts & nuts are worth the peace in mind. Use locktite when bolting down. That is odd your TTB brackets are bolted. Mine were riveted on the driver's side and bolted on the passenger side. I'd look again and make sure. My instructions may have said 8 hrs for shop time so 16 in driveway time would be about right. That is if nothing goes wrong.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Roughly about 16 hours you can bangit out in one day I did it when I first did mine.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
If you have people helping you who have done it and know the shorcuts you can do it even faster. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i lied part of the brackets were riveted and damn if that doesnt take forever to get off.:banghead I got everything off in 7 hours by myself and will begin to put back together tomorrow.:twotu: 16 hours is looking like the true by yourself time.Thanks for the info .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i forgot to add i got stiches out of gettting ,y brackets off .my hand slipped and got my middle finger.Oh well live and learn never pry with a shitty pry bar.:cry

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it took almost 15 hours total to get it all done :twotu: Does anyone have a bronco with the 6 inch cepek kit.Im disappointed in the height that it turned out.I was hoping for more height or the coils i got with the kit are sagged.(it was a used kit)I wanna know what size tire i could put on.I wanted 35s but dont think they will fit.If you a pic please let me see.Thanks Daniel

·
Registered
333 Posts
Did you take pictures in the process? I will be doing the lift kit on mine soon, it will be nice to see some pictures

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
pirates said:
Did you take pictures in the process? I will be doing the lift kit on mine soon, it will be nice to see some pictures
dude pm me when your ready...I help ya out on the installation.:twotu:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didnt take any pictures but ill tell you this have a good grinder with cutting wheels ,i dont trust putting a torch close to the motor,its all about having the patience and the right tools.Ill post some pics when i get my tires on it.:beer

·
Registered
333 Posts
redwagon said:
dude pm me when your ready...I help ya out on the installation.:twotu:

Cool ,thanks Redwagon. Frogman also offer to help, so i think it should be a one day thing... I'm trying to gatter all the parts needed first and then i'll let you guys know..
What's better for rear lift, shackle flip or leaf springs, or add-a-leaf??

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
I like my flip, much better than blocks, the ones I had really messed up my springs, plus they can fall off, I have heard stories. If you have the money I would suggest getting some lift springs for the rear. 1/4 of the work plus I heard they give you a smoother ride.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
the best way is to get a full rear leaf pack.. If you can't save up the money for the rear leaf packs I would do a shackle flip over blocks.. Nothing worse then having a block getting thrown out on the road..

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
AAl's work, but they only give you about 1.5" of lift..

full leaf packs are the way to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts