Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to 4 wheel drives and curious as to which lift kits work the best with a bronco. I know there are multiple threads on this subject but I know as well as the rest of you that everyone has had different experiences with these products and I am hoping to benefit from your experience. Just want to do it once and do it the best the first time. I have a '95 fsb w/ 351w,E4OD, auto 4x4( I am already planning to go to manual hubs at least for now) hoping to be able to do everything under the front all at once:brakes, hubs, full front suspension lift(2.5 to 3 inches)including ext radius arms and anything else that comes up. Again I appreciate any advice given as this is my first venture into a 4x4 suspension.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
there is a sticky thread at the top of this page regarding lift kits and tires.

Read it and you will learn everything you want to know.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I know there are multiple threads on this subject but I know as well as the rest of you that everyone has had different experiences with these products and I am hoping to benefit from your experience.
Here's a clue: READ THE OTHER THREADS TO FIND OUT OTHER PEOPLE'S EXPERIENCES.

:doh0715:

C'mon, is it really that difficult? Working the internets can't really be that hard, can it??

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
As you said, there are lots of threads on it many with people's reviews, including a sticky that lists pretty much every aftermarket lift kit with comparisons. Also just as you said people have different expectations and experiences so just because somebody says they need x and some other person said they were perfectly happy with y that doesn't mean you would be best served by either one.

"Doing it right the first time" is very much subjective on what you are expecting. Some might say doing it right the first time would be doing a 1-ton SAS. Do the research, decide what is best for yourself, then man up and make the decision yourself.

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess that I will have to go elsewhere for some advice since (with a 4 yr old girl and a 9mo old boy and a wife that works nights I don't really have time to go tru 100 some odd pages of threads to look at what everyone has posted in the past. I have read the sticky and it is very informative but being new(never messed with a 4x4) I hoped to get some USEFUL input from someone but I guess that I will have to make my own mistakes instead of being able to take advantage of such a site as this. THANKS

·
Registered
146 Posts
My bro's got a 6 inch skyjacker and 35 inch meats on his '94. Loves it. Mines stock (for now...) so I don't know if that helps or not. In my past vehicles I have preferred having add-a-leaf over blocks in the rear, though, so look for kits that have that. If you're only plannin' on a smaller-ish lift I don't think you'll have much drivetrain issues to worry about. Drop pitman arms or steering issues. Some of the more experienced and educated folks on here could probably go on forever with you. But that's my .02.

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JayYoTTU thank you . I appreciate the input. I am doing alot of research into the different lift options and have come to the conclusion that I do not want to block anything(I believe that the rear is already blocked and want to undo this and make it right.As i said previously I do not want my inexperience to cause problems with my truck so I am trying to ask questions but I guess that some of the guys on here are just trying to talk shop w/ others who have the knowledge not to help someone that does not. Again I appreciate your input.

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BRONCO4LIFE says
C'mon, is it really that difficult? Working the internets can't really be that hard, can it??

I say

I guess not you are doin it

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to block anything(I believe that the rear is already blocked and want to undo this and make it right.
Sorry I can't add to the thread about lifts, I'm stock as well for a while. But just to let you know, the blocks you see on the rear are probably the factory installed blocks. If there hasn't been any lift installed that you know of, thats probably what they are, so DONT take them off!

That could lead to some problems down the road! :thumbup

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
BRONCO4LIFE says

I say

I guess not you are doin it
I also shit more knowledge about these trucks every day then you'll ever grasp in your noobie life.

We don't feel sorry for you that you can't take 3 minutes out of your apparently incredibly super amazingly busy life to read one of the hundreds of previous threads where people say "Oh, I like XXX lift on my truck because it does XXX".

If you don't have the time to devote to doing the research before you make a big modification to your truck like this... YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

If your wife is working nights (why else would someone do this other then to help financially), are you sure dumping money into a lift, bigger tires, and gears is what you should be doing with your truck. How mechanically sound is the rest of your truck. You'll be real cool with big tires and a lift, when you didn't spend money on gears and your transmission burns up.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out dumbass.

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only assumed that it had been lifted slightly in the rear cause the neck that had it before me put 33x 12.5 MT on it and cut the front bumper to prevent rubbing.I just want to end up with a quality(good looking and performing)lift. Thank you BRONCO'96 for your input. you may very well have saved me alot of headache

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
BDS Worth every penny!

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bronco4life talks a big game from jersey. I am amused that you "shit more knowledge about these trucks every day then you'll ever grasp in your noobie life. " I am very happy for you and your enflamed a**hole! I am just trying to get some useful input on the subject and if you don't have any(obviously you don't) then just go to the next thread and don't waste my time you dumba** and as for my wife she works cause she wants to. and as for being a "noobie" let me remind you that you too were a "noobie" once too. that is unless you were shit out with boundless knowledge of trucks and whatnot

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
My point is... you ask which lift kit is best for your bronco. You don't even know what your limitations are right now. Do you even wheel your truck?

If you wheeled your truck, you would start coming across problems that would direct you in the route to picking your lift kit.

What kind of terrain do you wheel on? What do you want the suspension to be capable of? A kit with extended radius arms is going to have better travel the one with drop brackets, but, do you need that? If all you do is mud wheeling, you don't need to be worried about stuff like front travel, just need lift to squeeze big tires under there.

You don't have the faintest clue about your truck, so what you want is for us to shovel feed you information, information that you don't deserve, because you're not even trying to help yourself. You didn't even try to help us help you... critical information like, what your current limitations and wheeling types are tend to help with a intelligent decision.

There's plenty of threads here that explain what the reasoning is for picking each type of setup, why people chose them, and what their wheeling was like... it's not that you don't have the time to search... it's that:

YOU'RE LAZY.

You think you're the first noob to pull this? haha, get in line.

edit: Since you tossed in the extra little bit while I was typing this, I'll let you know that, while I once might have been a noobie, I never happened to be stupid. Look at the first thread I posted, and then look how after a few minutes of searching, I found my own answer and canceled my own thread.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
you can't lift a bronco, all the pictures are photoshopped and the lifts don't exist, you order them and get a box of scrap steel

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
um I thought that while I was researching the parts that I want on my truck I would try to find out what others have experienced with different kits. Instead of offering your "expertise" you wanted to try and make me look stupid. I was just wondering how you knew what I was trying to accomplish from over a 1000 miles away. As far as knowing my truck your almost right. this is my first 4x4 and I have owned it for 2 weeks so yes I am still getting to know my truck and from reading other threads I am trying to ask ??? to learn more. Do you feel better about yourself to tell me how I am stupid and how do you know what research I have done? I hope that you are getting off on this and I hope that you have a wonderful life and let this be your last post on this matter as you are wasting my time with your dumba** ramblings about what I am doing(in which you don't know what research I have done) as far as being lazy I guess all the time jumping out of planes in the ARMY fighting for your sorry ass was lazy too. YOUR WELCOME

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
this is just classic:histerica

I guess you're the only member of the armed forces on this site. You're welcome too.

You need to provide the information he asked for above to get a answer. Is it a mall crawler or do you plan on it wheeling the shit out of it?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
um I thought that while I was researching the parts that I want on my truck I would try to find out what others have experienced with different kits. Instead of offering your "expertise" you wanted to try and make me look stupid. I was just wondering how you knew what I was trying to accomplish from over a 1000 miles away. As far as knowing my truck your almost right. this is my first 4x4 and I have owned it for 2 weeks so yes I am still getting to know my truck and from reading other threads I am trying to ask ??? to learn more. Do you feel better about yourself to tell me how I am stupid and how do you know what research I have done? I hope that you are getting off on this and I hope that you have a wonderful life and let this be your last post on this matter as you are wasting my time with your dumba** ramblings about what I am doing(in which you don't know what research I have done) as far as being lazy I guess all the time jumping out of planes in the ARMY fighting for your sorry ass was lazy too. YOUR WELCOME

BOO ****ING HOO

I'm a volunteer firefighter, meaning I do that stuff for free (read: NO BENEFITS) on the home front. You think you're better then me? Guess again joker. I've spent hundreds of dollars of my own money going to training over hundreds of my own unpaid hours to protect your ass, and your wife and kids' asses while at home. Wah, cry me a ****ing river.

I didn't have to try to make you look stupid, you accomplished that quite well on your own. I didn't guess at what you were trying to accomplish you retard, that was the point of my last post. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO WITH YOUR TRUCK. So how are we supposed to tell you what's better for you? Why don't you try wheeling your truck first before you lift it, and find out what it's capable of stock? If you don't know what your limits are, how do you build something to overcome them?

If I had a nickel for every time some military guy thought he was better then every once else just because he's allegedly fighting on the front lines... I'd be a millionaire.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
well you see the problem is people ask this very same question several times every week, this question can be answered with thorough searching and reading. We cannot tell you what will be best for you unless you tell us what kind of wheeling you intend to do, is the truck a DD and weekend tow/trail rig, will it be a dedicated wheeler, will it see rocks, jeep trails, mud, or the mall parking lot
and even then we cannot give exactly what will be perfect for you as we need to know what you're willing to spend
if you got the coin the rancho 3" is nice
if you're poor like me the r/c is okay
you want extended arms so t/c will have a complete kit with arms for more than the r/c lift

but basically you need to give us a lot more information on what your trucks future situation and terrain will be

and if you search and read enough threads your questions will be answered

but wheel it stock a little then decide what you really want

1 - 20 of 82 Posts