Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys...looking for some imput...I got a 2" body lift and my BFG 33's rub my fender whenever turning a corner. I do not want to trim the fender but I need opinions on what to use 1) 2" coil spring spacer 2) new 2"+coils up front?
If I use coil spacer or new coils do I need to get new shocks or will the existing ones work but just have less travel?
Also am going to start towing my boat with the bronco and need to stop the sag on rear end with an add a leaf system. Any particular brand preferences you guys have? (keeping cost in mind of course)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
134 Posts
Seems like the general consensus is your shouldn't be rubbing your fenders running 33's even without a body lift. I would venture to guess that your coils are probably just really worn or sagging.. or something else is going on there.

I have a 94, very old stock coils, with a 2" spacer under them, and I run Falken AT 33 x 12.5's and experience no rubbing even when off roading. I do have spacers for the front bumper moving it out a half inch too. My shocks are standard length. A body lift would have no impact on shock length either, but coils designed for a lift would.

Do you have pics where its rubbing your fenders?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I wear 35's and spaced my front bumper out about 1 1/2" with a couple pieces of square tubing and long bolts. I can see the your tires maybe rubbing the sway bar or radius arm, but with 33's - shouldn't be any bumper rub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts