Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, yes I have searched... quite extensively.

In order for me to grind off the rivets that were on the crossmember holding up the passenger side axle pivor bracket, I had to drop lower pretty much the whole TTB setup (mainly because I wanted plenty of room to work with). Now that I have all the brackets mounted/ready to be mounted, I cannot seem to get everything to line up correctly. The closest I have gotten is the passenger side radius arm bracket mounted with the radius arm in it and the drivers side pivot point bolted up.

To save time with questioning, basically the only thing still attached to the whole TTB setup right now is the driveshaft since I was trying everything I could to get it to line up right. I am getting pretty desparate, and any suggestions, tips, tricks, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Try removing the driveshaft and see if thats binding you up some.....Fog

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redwagon said:
what type of kit and how big is the lift?
Shoot, my bad. I totally forgot about that.

It is a 6" Rough Country lift kit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Jonnooe,
Sounds familiar. I had one hell of a time installing my 4" lift. If I remember correctly I had to put in the axle pivot bolts first and then try to align the radius arms & brackets (as one piece) to the frame. It took alot of muscle but I was able to get them in. Now that was a 4" lift and yours is 6" so I don't know if there is a difference.

One thing is for sure, you have to use straps to hang the axle halves. Here is a good pic of this (and a good write up on the first page).

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21291&page=3&highlight=superlift+install

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
when i did my lift i did the samething as you did. i dont remember having a problem putting it back together but then again i used some straps and a dolly for the axle assembly. i'll check and see if i have any pics of the installation. i started with axle pivot points and worked my way back.. i also had to drill new holes for my extended radius arms. all in all it went back together fine or with out hassle

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did a 6" rough country on my 92. I installed everything but the radius arm mounts. I installed them to the radius arms but not the frame. I then used a rachet strap to bring the radius arms in enough to mount to the frame. Was actually pretty easy once I figured it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts