Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to build a 12 inch lifr (about)....for my '79......i know i'll have to buy some leaves and coils but i have a few questions.

1. Are there leaves that will add more than 6"? i didn't see any at the bronco graveyard.
2. if not i didn't see why we couldn't just use the 6" leaves and then build drop brackets for the shackles....has anybody done this?
3. for the front....i'm not really familiar with exactly what all we have to build/ change out, cept the coils. I know there are 12" or so coils but what else do we have to worry about?

any help greatly appreciated:twotu:

·
Registered
826 Posts
:shocked don't forget to buy a ladder...sorry, but i only have stuff for 4" :whiteflag so i'm not sure about the 6 and beyond...:drinkbud

·
Registered
854 Posts
For the front you can buy coils or drop the bucket or add a spacer. Or throw them all in one setting if you want some rediculously tall stance.

For the rear I would go with some leaf springs and the hit the shackles with the Sky manufacturing shackles to get a few extra inches. I've also heard about dropping the rear shackles like you would the front.

I'm going to be getting rid of these blocks and beat up rear springs and do the shackle flip with some Sky products, and hitting the front end with some 11" coils.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
spaceexplorer23 said:
I'm wanting to build a 12 inch lifr (about)....for my '79......i know i'll have to buy some leaves and coils but i have a few questions.

1. Are there leaves that will add more than 6"? i didn't see any at the bronco graveyard.
2. if not i didn't see why we couldn't just use the 6" leaves and then build drop brackets for the shackles....has anybody done this?
3. for the front....i'm not really familiar with exactly what all we have to build/ change out, cept the coils. I know there are 12" or so coils but what else do we have to worry about?

any help greatly appreciated:twotu:
1 - yes, but they tend to ride and flex like crap when you start getting into those wicked arched springs.

2 - yes, lots of people. Search for shackle flip, spring hanger, spring perch, etc.

3- With that much lift you will have to worry about EVERYTHING. You will pretty much have to change out, modify, or fab everything on your front suspension, steering, and driveline. In the rear you will also run into driveline problems. Hell, I ran into tons of steering and driveline problems with just over 6in of lift.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are a braver man than I am. That's a serious undertaking you'll have there. What will you be using it for primarily. Mud? Rocks? Show? leaping small buildings?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts