Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have some 2 inch blocks and have been looking at some of those 2 inch poly spacers for under the coils. I just aquired this 95 Bronco and it will be a street truck only so I'm not worried about using the blocks but for just 2 inches am I going to need to get longer sway bar links? I know I'm going to get new shocks. And lastly what about alignment? With just 2 inches will it be alignable?

Oh yeah soon to be coming is a teardown and rebuid of my 85. This one will be huffing !:shocked

·
Registered
384 Posts
I agree completly get leveling coils you might not even need the rear blocks since I think the front is lower by 1.5 inches.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
And lastly what about alignment? With just 2 inches will it be alignable?
95% of the time 2" on TTB can be alighned, but there is always that 5% that cant.

The spacers have the advantage of being cheap.

·
Registered
217 Posts
95% of the time 2" on TTB can be alighned, but there is always that 5% that cant.

The spacers have the advantage of being cheap.
Unless your springs are dead then you get more like 3-4 inches of lift like I did, and then need drop brackets and longer shocks, and have to wait for the springs to settle. My tires were like \--/ with leveling coils before getting drop brackets.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Unless your springs are dead then you get more like 3-4 inches of lift like I did.
I have never heard of springs getting firmer/taller with age, just weaker/saging.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Right, mine were old and saggy then I got leveling coils and it lifted the front end at least 4 inches.
You still shouldnt have had to use drop brackets. I guess it is possible that the leveling coils lifted you truck 4 inches from where it was, but it should have lifted it 2 inches to bring it back to stock (from the sag) and then 1-2 inches more to level it. Not 4 inches over stock. Sounds like someone sent you 4 inch coils to me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah right now at summit racing here in town there are a set of 2 inch spacers and stud extentions sitting on the open box shelf for 60 bucks. My truck is sitting pretty level right at the moment. So if I lift the rear 2 inches I'd want the front up the same ammount. I have other questions as well. It is sitting stock right now (motor and all) at 44,000 miles (I got it for $900 :chili: ). I was thinking of doing a K&N Fipk kit, Ford racing headers,Edelbrock intake, and the exhaust ( going to 1 high flow cat). Also a jet computer chip. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
217 Posts
You still shouldnt have had to use drop brackets. I guess it is possible that the leveling coils lifted you truck 4 inches from where it was, but it should have lifted it 2 inches to bring it back to stock (from the sag) and then 1-2 inches more to level it. Not 4 inches over stock. Sounds like someone sent you 4 inch coils to me.
I hope they DID send me 4 inch coils!!! haha But there is no way of really knowing now. I doubt it though because I didn't have to do anything to the rear springs and it is sitting level. Although, I do have the tow package and the back seemed a little more jacked up than any other ones I have seen.

Does anybody know the distance between the ground and the rocker panel on a 4 inch lift with 32's?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
:stupid

But like I said, there is always that 5% :toothless

I was thinking of doing a K&N Fipk kit,
Can be done much cheaper and better.

Ford racing headers,
Not bad.

Edelbrock intake,
Good idea.

and the exhaust ( going to 1 high flow cat).
Also a good idea, and can be done now relativly inexpensivly.

Also a jet computer chip. Any thoughts on this?
Waste of money and time.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats a good way to do the intake? The summit one made by K&N is $118 for the MAF style. On my 89 I just bought the same style filter and used pipse for the adapter and made my own shield but this one is a one tube intake that splits at the tb. Oh yeah, any thoughts on the tb and manifold spacers that they sell?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
A drop in K&N and your stock air box. That is the best.

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
Unless your springs are dead then you get more like 3-4 inches of lift like I did, and then need drop brackets and longer shocks, and have to wait for the springs to settle. My tires were like \--/ with leveling coils before getting drop brackets.
dont mean to thread bomb but iam putting leveling coils and 1.5" blocks in and hope that dosent happen :shocked

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
302 Posts
since no one's said this
WTF $900 BUCKS?
good deal

1 - 20 of 24 Posts