Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '96 EB and was curious as to the best lift kit and tire setup. i'm not much into lifted trucks but i want to be able to fit 33's under it without any rubbing whats-so-ever. i'm thinking just a 2" or 2.5" lift should do it. what's the best lift i can get and what tire/rim setup is recommended?

also the window in the tailgate will not go up or down from the outside. the inside dash switch works fine but i can't get anything from the key on the outside. what should i be looking for here? thank you.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
oh for the love of god did you even search? did you read the stickys in threads? try that and you will find all the answers you are looking for

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My Bronco has a 2 1/2" RC lift kit, 15x10 wheels with 33's. Your only choices for a 2 1/2" lift is Rough Country or Tuff Country.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i actually did read the forum on 'tires and lifts' but i was curious as to what, in your opinion, is the best combo. economically, financially, and time wise. i'm looking for something trust worthy, good looking, and durable yet i don't want to have to trim this or cut that or torch there. i'm open to all suggestions.

i'm even curious as to what shocks i should be looking for. i have a completely stock '96 Eddie Bauer and i'm not completely satisfied with the ride i'm getting from it. it has 81K so it's still somewhat fresh. i would love to tighten up the steering a bit and not have such a bumpy ride. even the littlest speed bumps at work feel like i'm going over a mountain. i know they make aftermarket shocks that should help this tremendously and again, in your opinions, what would be the best alternative? hey with a name like 'fullsizebronco.com' i figured there couldn't be a better place to come for honest opinions and great suggestions on my 'ride'

thanks again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
DonkeyDong said:
i actually did read the forum on 'tires and lifts' but i was curious as to what, in your opinion, is the best combo. economically, financially, and time wise. i'm looking for something trust worthy, good looking, and durable yet i don't want to have to trim this or cut that or torch there. i'm open to all suggestions.

i'm even curious as to what shocks i should be looking for. i have a completely stock '96 Eddie Bauer and i'm not completely satisfied with the ride i'm getting from it. it has 81K so it's still somewhat fresh. i would love to tighten up the steering a bit and not have such a bumpy ride. even the littlest speed bumps at work feel like i'm going over a mountain. i know they make aftermarket shocks that should help this tremendously and again, in your opinions, what would be the best alternative? hey with a name like 'fullsizebronco.com' i figured there couldn't be a better place to come for honest opinions and great suggestions on my 'ride'

thanks again.
First thing you need to decide is what you want to do with your Bronco. Is is a Daily Driver? Are you planning on taking it off road? Is gas mileage a concern? I have a six in SkyJacker lift with 35 inch tires and my mpg is dead on 9. If you just want to lift it for looks then it is all personal preference. Look around on here and you can find anything you need to know.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
DonkeyDong said:

thanks again.

Then you should have said that in the first place. as for the look it is all up to you. i like the look of a 4 inch lift and 33s or a 6 inch lift and 35s. that is my opinion. also with shocks the rancho 9000 are supposedly real good and expensive to boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts