Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, before you jump my case about using the search, i did a search on this particular topic, and nothing came up!

OK, ON TO THE GOOD STUFF!

i am going to be getting the 4" lift pretty soon, and i was thinking of running 35's... NOW, i know there is plenty of clearance for them in the rear, but not in the front, so i was thinking about getting 6" coils to put in the front, which would also level it out anyways.... do yall know where i could get just these coils for, and if this has ever been done, or CAN be done?! thanks - kenny

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
Just get the 6" kit for the front with the add a leaf for the rear. or do a shackle flip:thumbup

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so will the add a leaf even out both sides? im kinda steering towards the 4 cause of the price though:banghead bein a kid with a hobby like this SUCKS!

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
if you just use 6" springs in 4" brackets, your camber will be way off. most 4" kits only raise the back around 2.5" to level it out.
i'm with evilbronc: 6" front kit and shackle flip in rear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shackle flip? hmmm... too much for me! i do everything myself, and that doesnt sound too easy!

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
It's not as hard as you may think. There is a group buy going on in the for sale forum for the Sky Mfg shackle flip brackets:thumbup

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i just looked into the group buy thing, and that was about a week ago:( hmm, oh well...i guess i'll just squeeze em' in the 4 since i really dont go wheelin much! thanks for the input guys......

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
Just E-mail Ski MFG and tell them your a member at fullsizebronco.com and they will probably still give you the discount

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
The difference between four and six inch kits is what, $50 bucks? Unless you get a 4" kit with bare minimum, but usually they are very close in price.

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 93 EB cruiser
361 Posts
IMO, 6" is really too much for 35x12.5" tires. that's what I have and it makes the tires look small since the only interference might be a little rub on the trailing fender up front, but you can fix that with a little work if you happen to have that issue. I would recommend against a 6" for one main reason... TTB lifts are designed for 4" then they just include 6" coils when you order a 6" kit, so your caster will never be right and the steering angles suck since the pitman arm only drops it 3-4". the higher end kits might be totally redesigned for 6" versions but superlift and skyjacker are not. There really is no difference between the process of installing a TTB and doing a rear shackle flip, so don't be afraid to try it! You might need stronger shackles if you go that route but so far I've beat the bejeezus out of mine and they haven't folded on me :thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
muddybronco said:
I would recommend against a 6" for one main reason... TTB lifts are designed for 4" then they just include 6" coils when you order a 6" kit, so your caster will never be right and the steering angles suck since the pitman arm only drops it 3-4".
my brackets (Pro Comp) have 2 holes in them, 4" and 6". i am pretty sure Dick Cepek does the same thing.

as far as steering goes, use the drop pitman arm and a tie rod flip to get back those extra few inches

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks everyone, INCLUDING andy! well, as for prices, there is like a 50 dollar difference, but i have yet to decide whether i want to run 33's or 35's yet, as this IS my daily driver (JUST to be on the safe side - spare the comments please!) and if i get the 6, and decide for 33's, im ****ed! 4, i can go either way... just lettin yall know, but thank you........:thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
6" and 33s won't look that bad. at places like pismo, its always nice to have extra clearance for your tires. it depends on what you want to do with your truck, but if i were you and didn't have plans on offroading, i would stay as close to stock as possible. i am totally happy with 4" and 33s. hell, i was happy stock with 33s. don't get caught up in the whole bigger is better mentality, especially if your sticking to the street.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, bigger=better=YOU NEED LOTS OF CASH really isnt my way of putting what i want, but im starting to get tired of being "stock," and just want something plain and simple... im definitely getting the 4" lift, but havent yet decided on my tire choice, but it WILL be an all-terrain, since i am a dd with the street poser label! anyone have pics with 4's and 33's or 35's, and how all of it is holding up? (preferably with stock stuff!)

·
Registered
454 Posts
my BF goodrich mud terrains got better wear than the all-terrains i had. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
454 Posts
i did most of the driving on street, its the way the tires are made is why u get better miles outta them. the all-terrains are made of a softer rubber which makes the tread move alot while u are drive resulting in uneven wear. the mud terrains are made of a harder but not to hard compound. this makes them get good even wear as long as u rotate them often. i rotated my all-terrains every 3 thousand miles when i changed my oil and still they got very uneven wear on them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
really? hmm, i always here these guys on here with just opinions and comments, but really never any comments like that.... thanks a lot man, i think you just made up my mind! :thumbup

1 - 20 of 32 Posts