Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 xlt bronco with stock height. Now, I want to add a 6" lift on it, so I can put bigger tires on it. However I am always confused when "lift" is discussed. How do you measure a lift? Is it 6" on top of the stock height or 6" all together?

Also, what needs to happen to the body if I am adding a lift? either body or suspension? a mechanic from Meincke told me I'm gonna be putting nearly 5k just to do this lift!

Thanx!

·
Registered
523 Posts
DasTeufelHund said:
I have a 1995 xlt bronco with stock height. Now, I want to add a 6" lift on it, so I can put bigger tires on it. However I am always confused when "lift" is discussed. How do you measure a lift? Is it 6" on top of the stock height or 6" all together?

Also, what needs to happen to the body if I am adding a lift? either body or suspension? a mechanic from Meincke told me I'm gonna be putting nearly 5k just to do this lift!

Thanx!
That's why he works at Meineke..he has no clue what he's talking about.
6" is what 6" sounds like. A 6" lift will give you approx. 6 " of lift over the current stance of the truck.

What happens to the body?...nothing if you do a suspension lift which is what I would recommend in the 6 inch range. Go look through the "Lift and Tire Information" sticky at the top of this forum.. Read and reread...then read it again. :)
Good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DasTeufelHund said:

Thanx!
You need tell this M/F 3.5k for labor is shit...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts